PDA

View Full Version : building codes

AztlanLC
10-30-2002, 11:24 PM
It's there a place where I can get the building codes for my area?(Web site)

Ulster county

AGLA
10-31-2002, 07:18 AM
If you are looking for building code, you need to talk to the building department of the county. They usually use Universal Building Code, but they change all the time. They identify which one by date. They can probably tell you where you could order it, but probably don't sell it. It is a readily available reference book, maybe at library.

My guess is that you are actually looking for the zoning laws which tell you what you can build, where you can build, etc,...
That would be found at planning and zoning and is usually available for $10-$20 to cover costs of producing it.

Heller Landscaping
10-31-2002, 09:14 AM
Be careful.:blob4: Just because the book says something dosen't mean it goes. There are a lot of variables. Most importantly the building inspector's word is the law , just not what the book says. Unless of course you want to challenge him with your 500.00 an hour lawyer at city hall.:D If you treat them nice you can expect the same if you create problems so can they.
Call and have the inspector come to the site and review anything before you even give a firm bid to the customer. And whatever you do don't not call them or you will really have problems. Hope this helps.:)