PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to upgrade Trailer question!

GreenscapesWV
08-25-2011, 12:42 AM
currently have a 6.5x14 open single axle trailer that is just not enough room for all my equipment. 60' ztr, 48' ztr w bagger,3 trimmers, 2 backpack blowers, backpack sprayer, spool line, rakes etc.

Deciding between going with a box trailer or a 7x16 open landscape dual axle trailer. I know enclosed would be good to keep it from the weather and less chance of getting stuff stolen but kinda sucks when leaves comes around to haul them off on the lawns i have to.

So heres my choices.

7x16 open triler-$1,900

7.5x16 enclosed trailer w side door, 12v lighting, flip down ramp door with spring assist, 2ft stone guard, ex jack, dual axles 7k total. can get plain jane for $3,500 or can get one with trim package and alum wheels for $3,950

or 8.5x24' plain jane with side door and flip down ramp door and 12v lighting 4ft tongue etc for $4,500

what do you guys think?

also which would be better black or white in color for enclosed? thanks

HLM HustlerZ
08-25-2011, 06:26 AM
Personally, if you can financially I'd keep the current open utility trailer and buy a plain enclosed trailer just big enough to get all your equipment/stuff in. You have 1 solely for lawn care and maintenance (the enclosed) during grass season and then you have the open trailer for landscaping jobs, leaves, etc.

I'm currently outgrowing my 5'x12' open utility trailer but I'm saving for a large 8'x20' decked out lawn trailer hopefully to buy sometime next year. I'll have my 5'x12' for mulch, leaves, hauling sod, that no one would want in an enclosed loaded trailer. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps!

Richard Martin
08-25-2011, 07:53 AM
Strangly enough I used to get 2 60" Dixie Choppers, along with trimmers, blowers and fuel cans on a 6.5 by 12 but that's just me.

Before you buy an enclosed trailer please bear in mind that gas won't be cheap much longer. And yes, our gas here is at $3.559 a gallon. As long as gold keeps increasing in price the dollar is loosing value. That and they're looking for any reason to increase prices and a good old fashioned Cat 3 hurricane ripping up the east coast is as good a reason as any.

tcshort
08-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Enclosed trailer are great wouldn't trade my for anything but would be good to keep the open one too
Posted via Mobile Device

ALC-GregH
08-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Strangely enough I used to get 2 60" Dixie Choppers, along with trimmers, blowers and fuel cans on a 6.5 by 12 but that's just me.

Curious but wouldn't two 60" DC mowers weigh well over the maximum weight allowed for a single axle trailer? The axle rating will be 3500lb and with the trailer empty is only going to give you less then 2000lbs of load capacity. A 60"DC mower weighs in at over 1k. So you would be over loaded with 2 of them and all the other stuff would be fuel for the fire so to speak.

GreenscapesWV
08-25-2011, 11:41 PM
i have a 7x14 10k dump trailer i use for mulch landscaping etc. and 2 dixies on a 12' trailer......centimeterssss?