PDA

View Full Version : halco par 36 led or other par 36 led

David Gretzmier
08-25-2011, 12:08 AM
I have a situation where I could possible use a par 36 LED retrofit in existing cans and was wondering if anyone had used the par 36 from halco or any other manu and how it worked out. most of the led par's I have found are not sealed, or are old school "28 led's" and won't be bright enough. anybody have any experience in this area?

Lite4
08-25-2011, 06:20 AM
I've used the halcos. Color is fine but you don't have the lumen punch of a halogen. It's probably a 25-30 watt halogen equivelant if comparing bightness.
Posted via Mobile Device

Steve Atkinson
08-27-2011, 02:39 PM
David,

Take a look at the Brilliance LED PAR36s. Available in 15 and 30 degree. 5watt matches to the 20w, and the 9watt matches to the 35w. A really nice light color and projection. And rated IP67, something you will not see in other products. Just be sure you provide plenty of drainage material under the can. Like the standard lamps, these will fail if left submerged in water standing in the can!

Out here in the West, Horizon has moved a lot of these items. John Deere just took Brilliance on as an approved vendor, so you should be seeing the product available in their stores shortly.

Tomwilllight
09-09-2011, 02:55 PM
I don't know the Brilliance line well yet... but I know they have had trouble with their LEDs that have gotten wet... these are not the tractor bulbs your grandfather used.

Tom

Steve Atkinson
09-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Tom,

You are correct about getting these wet. They will not currently work submerged in water, so are at the mercy of the enclosing fixture. But they are IP67 rated, which means the lamp is resistant to rain and sprinkler water that falls on it. Great product for retrofitting canlights. Same IP67 rating for the miniatures. MR-16s are IP65 rated, and must be used in an enclosed fixture for outdoor systems.