PDA

View Full Version : hurricane Irene

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-25-2011, 10:39 AM
On its current forecast path, Irene would spread destructive hurricane-force winds (gusts between 80 to 100 mph) across the Delmarva coast, eastern New Jersey, New York City, western Long Island and southwestern New England.

Looks to me like lots of tree cleanup work coming up.

Wet_Boots
08-25-2011, 10:49 AM
they can afford it payup

DanaMac
08-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Heck my dad in Massachusetts is still complaining about the ice storm from 3 years ago. I'll never hear the end of it if Irene hits him.
I think he is still cleaning up from the ice storm.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wet_Boots
08-25-2011, 11:04 AM
nothing like a hurricane drenching to dampen interest in sprinkler installations

DanaMac
08-25-2011, 11:09 AM
nothing like a hurricane drenching to dampen interest in sprinkler installations

Could drive up a little service work though. No gouging now Bootsie.

Stuttering Stan
08-25-2011, 11:14 AM
We've now entered DEFCOM 1.
As I was listening to local radio, why does everyone wait until the day before landfall to buy a genreator? Sounds like everyone buys a generator for every hurricane threat. People spend loads of money when they panic buy.

Why can't people panic buy an irrigation system?

Wet_Boots
08-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Maybe I should offer a hurricane sensor :)

greenmonster304
08-25-2011, 11:37 AM
It is ruining my vacation plans. I am supposed to leave for outer banks of north Carolina tomorrow
Posted via Mobile Device

Stuttering Stan
08-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Now's a great time to go. You'll be the only one in town and have the beaches all to yourself. Don't forget your muck boots.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-25-2011, 12:11 PM
It is ruining my vacation plans. I am supposed to leave for outer banks of north Carolina tomorrow
Posted via Mobile Device

Go west young man

Wet_Boots
08-25-2011, 12:31 PM
bring pigtails

DanaMac
08-25-2011, 12:47 PM
What state do you all think would be the LEAST susceptible to natural disasters? The east coast and Colorado had earthquakes the other day, hurricanes coming up the coast now, tornadoes hit hard earlier this year, drought conditions down south. So what state has the best comfort zone?

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-25-2011, 12:57 PM
What state do you all think would be the LEAST susceptible to natural disasters? The east coast and Colorado had earthquakes the other day, hurricanes coming up the coast now, tornadoes hit hard earlier this year, drought conditions down south. So what state has the best comfort zone?

A few beers and my state has a nice comfort zone.

vermont maybe?

Wet_Boots
08-25-2011, 01:03 PM
don't read about too many natural disasters in Vermont - just traffic jams from leaf peepers

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-25-2011, 01:11 PM
In my book Bernie Sanders is a natural disaster.

Wet_Boots
08-25-2011, 01:18 PM
beats Rick "Pray for rain" Perry :p

zman9119
08-25-2011, 01:25 PM
I think this would put everyone in the mood...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc-P8oDuS0Q

Wet_Boots
08-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Oh, c'mon, you can do better

jj3s8qq3kU4

Mark B
08-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Well I am not looking forward to this AT ALL.... I just moved a camper down to buxton, NC (which is on cape hatteras island) just last weekend. I have just finished strapping it down with mobile home anchors. This will be the first time ever going through this. I'm sure I will be a basket case all weekend long. Let's hope it goes offshore.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wet_Boots
08-25-2011, 02:30 PM
You are a brave dude - I would have wheeled that thing inland

DanaMac
08-25-2011, 02:40 PM
A few beers and my state has a nice comfort zone.

vermont maybe?

I was thinking of Montana, but they can also get blizzards. Especially on the plains.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mark B
08-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Well it is a 5th camper which i think is too big for my truck. I have the hitch and all but it is not installed on my truck. I'm already stressed this weekend is going to really stress me OUT!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-25-2011, 03:15 PM
I was thinking of Montana, but they can also get blizzards. Especially on the plains.
Posted via Mobile Device

Read the story of how Quake Lake was created. We do get some nasty flooding here as well.

Stuttering Stan
08-25-2011, 03:19 PM
How about Hawaii? They do have volcanos but I can't remember the last time one blew.
On second thought, they may be prone to a tsumani.
But the place sure is comfortable.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Hawaii has a severe DWO problem.

Stuttering Stan
08-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Looks like I'm in the path. I've always wondered what the eye of a hurricane looks like.

Mike Leary
08-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Looks like I'm in the path. I've always wondered what the eye of a hurricane looks like.

Hang in there, are you having to consider evacuating?

bcg
08-25-2011, 05:44 PM

Take it from someone that has seen several hurricanes in their lifetime, you're to close to the coast to ride this out. Head inland, at least 100 miles and then you can "enjoy" the wind and rain but Chesapeake is not a good place to ride out a serious storm.

Don't believe me? Google "Galveston Island Hurricane Ike Photos" and have a look at what you can expect. The storm surge is seriously dangerous.

DanaMac
08-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Read the story of how Quake Lake was created. We do get some nasty flooding here as well.

And Montana gets some serious wildfires. Gotta count those into the equation too.
Wild fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, earthquakes, tsunamis, severe drought, intense heat waves, erupting volcanoes, floods, ice storms, massive hail storms, swarms of locusts, black plague :). And what else? What state gets the least financial damage or loss of life due to weather related or natural disasters? New Mexico? VT or NH? Rhode Island? I bet an insurance agent would know.

Stay safe east coast.

dKoester
08-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Stan good luck bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you staying?

AI Inc
08-25-2011, 06:03 PM
And Montana gets some serious wildfires. Gotta count those into the equation too.
Wild fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, earthquakes, tsunamis, severe drought, intense heat waves, erupting volcanoes, floods, ice storms, massive hail storms, swarms of locusts, black plague :). And what else? What state gets the least financial damage or loss of life due to weather related or natural disasters? New Mexico? VT or NH? Rhode Island? I bet an insurance agent would know.

Stay safe east coast.

Dont forget NH and VT can get some serious ice storms. But we have very few rattle snakes.

DanaMac
08-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Dont forget NH and VT can get some serious ice storms.

Yep. I'm sure the one that hit my dad in MA probably hit NH/VT.
No state is immune completely. CO gets tornadoes, drought which kills crops, blizzards, extreme hail storms, wild fires, and our state gets the 2nd most lightning strikes.

I was thinking New Mexico seems to get the least amount of coverage or press for disasters, but the recent wild fore was pretty bad.

Wet_Boots
08-25-2011, 06:39 PM
The predicted track makes this a rain event as much as anything else. (except in North Carolina)

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Let us know when it hits you boots

Wet_Boots
08-25-2011, 07:10 PM
I bailed. Floyd dropped over a foot of rain on me in 1999 (but the reservoirs really really really needed it)

irritation
08-25-2011, 08:20 PM
I bailed

You bailed?:confused:

Where did you go? Your mom's basement?

Stuttering Stan
08-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Hang in there, are you having to consider evacuating?

Evacuating is not an option. I'm also a firefighter and was told today that I have to work Friday-Sunday. So that means I have to leave my wife and kids at home. Everything is hurricane ready. We are fortunate to have family nearby that my wife can stay with if she's scared.

Mark B
08-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Stan where are you at? I know a few folks that are riding this out on hatteras. I'm sure there are folks on Ocracoke. Both places will take a major hit..
Posted via Mobile Device

koster_irrigation
08-25-2011, 09:20 PM
we see hurricanes every few years here it seems.

Im def. ready. Serviced all chain saws. We have about 5 saws ready

My House has a generator so im not sweating a power outtage.

Havent needed to go to the store, we got plenty of everything, will be a good time to eat off the freezer for a bit, dam thing needs a good cleaning out anyway....

greenmonster304
08-25-2011, 09:31 PM
It will be interesting if they evacuate long island. 7,500,000 people trying to cross a handful of bridges on the same day.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stuttering Stan
08-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Stan where are you at? I know a few folks that are riding this out on hatteras. I'm sure there are folks on Ocracoke. Both places will take a major hit..
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm in Chesapeake 20 minutes into VA. All the northbound NC traffic is coming my way.

Mark B
08-25-2011, 10:06 PM
I left buxton today. I saw alot of northern plates on nc 64 west heading towards 95. They also had the rd signs with directions. I know it sounds weird, but I was thinking those folks were taking the long way home or avoid all the traffic.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mdirrigation
08-25-2011, 10:38 PM
I am 1100 feet from a tributary of the chesapeake bay near annapolis , 20 feet above sea level, pulled my boat , moved my vette to my shop , sand bagged my garage door , have my bobcat ready , chainsaws , pumps , 2 generators , camper packed just in case .
And a case of cold beer .

tadpole
08-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Whatever you do, don't call on these guys to help preparing for 'Irene'.

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

mitchgo
08-26-2011, 03:37 AM
what is boots going to do when he can't get online on sunday from power outages?

Mark B
08-26-2011, 07:29 AM
20 feet above sea level sounds like a good amount. But with the winds and who knows how much rain we will get that is not a lot of water.
Posted via Mobile Device

DanaMac
08-26-2011, 09:08 AM
20 feet above sea level sounds like a good amount.

I'm going the safe route and will be at 14,036' just to be be sure. :) Hiking Mt Sherman on Saturday, and I don't think Irene will make it that far.
Stay safe, especially you guys that are in a position to go out in the weather to aid and assist others.

AI Inc
08-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Dropped of the chain saw yesterday, fired up the generator to make sure it runs. Gotta grab some gas. Supposed to be cooking a turkey dinner for wifes daughters birthday Sunday.

Wet_Boots
08-26-2011, 10:13 AM
hope you get the chainsaw back in time to carve the turkey

Dripit good
08-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Good luck to you all when that big zone comes on.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Turn on the gps tracking device on your phones and send them to us so we can see when your power and cell service cuts off.

Sprinkus
08-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Pictures, we want pictures!
Seriously though, stay safe guys.

greenmonster304
08-26-2011, 07:40 PM
It was crazy today there were lines at every gas station and not a flash light to be found
Posted via Mobile Device

Stuttering Stan
08-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Now it's just a waiting game. Skies are starting to look nasty. NWS.gov says it's losing strength but other sources are saying it's one for the history books. I believe the storm impact is hard to predict.
Pictures will be posted once there's something to show.

Wet_Boots
08-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Mets games cancelled this weekend

Mark B
08-26-2011, 09:16 PM
I am surprised the weather channel does not have someone real close to landfall area. No live reports from morehead city area. It will be interesting to see if cape lookout light house will survive.
Posted via Mobile Device

tadpole
08-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Now it's just a waiting game. Skies are starting to look nasty. NWS.gov says it's losing strength but other sources are saying it's one for the history books. I believe the storm impact is hard to predict.
Pictures will be posted once there's something to show.

What bothers me is the fact that the central pressure and the reported max wind velocity do not jive. Plus the fact that the central pressure is still dropping. Down to 950 mb since last advisory.
When Hurricane Ivan hit us head-on in 2004, it had a central pressure of 951 mb and made landfall as a Cat 3 storm, but the storm surge and damage were consistent with a Cat. 4 or 5.
The NHC really doesn't know what the surface wind velocity actually is. It is extrapolated from flight level wind velocities when there is no means of surface observation. Looking at this thing on satellite and based on over 50 years of living through these things, I seriously believe that the NHC has underestimated the actual strength of this storm. Or maybe they are only telling the various state government agencies (based on some of the official actions already put in force).

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-27-2011, 01:03 AM
Regardless the storm isn't going to weaken rapidly. It will hit LI still a hurricane and even as a cat 1 that could be devastating. Interesting observation I heard was that the trees in many areas are going to get pummeled with a SE wind. Since they are accustomed to NW winds it will cause some serious tree damage above what is anticipated. Keep our fingers cross and ride it out as a country and hope for the best.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Then you have opinions like this in which its all a bunch of media hype to drive a story and distract our attention from the economy.
https://www.gplus.com/Topic/Hurricanes

Be interesting to see how right this guy is. He says it will be nothing more than strong gusts by Delaware.

Autoflow
08-27-2011, 01:19 AM
Good luck to all you guys in the affected areas.

Wet_Boots
08-27-2011, 06:44 AM
Then you have opinions like this in which its all a bunch of media hype to drive a story and distract our attention from the economy.
https://www.gplus.com/Topic/Hurricanes

Be interesting to see how right this guy is. He says it will be nothing more than strong gusts by Delaware.stay off those silly websites :nono: ~ you don't need no wind to do calamitous damage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Agnes)

nepatsfan
08-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Supposed to hit us late tonight early tomorrow. Hopefully it dies before it gets here.

RussellB
08-27-2011, 08:35 AM
I,m in Murrells Inlet SC and we got a lot of rain and the winds are still howling. Lots of limbs down in my yard and in the streets. Don't see any structural damage and the electric stayed on. If this wind dies down I have a ton of clean up to do. We were on the fringes but I can tell you this is a strong storm. Stay safe.
Posted via Mobile Device

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-27-2011, 10:08 AM
stay off those silly websites :nono: ~ you don't need no wind to do calamitous damage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Agnes)

If I did that I wouldn't be here either. Do not let diverse opinions scare you boots. Im watching closely the results and if the guy is wrong his credibility will take a huge hit just like those who touted the stimulus plan have lost much of their credibility.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wet_Boots
08-27-2011, 10:33 AM
If I did that I wouldn't be here either. Do not let diverse opinions scare you boots. Im watching closely the results and if the guy is wrong his credibility will take a huge hit just like those who touted the stimulus plan have lost much of their credibility.
Posted via Mobile DeviceDude, your link was worthless - it did not bring up an article. A string of disconnected comments is meaningless.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Disconnected comments are meaningless??? Cr@p where does that put us.....

Kiril
08-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Disconnected comments are meaningless??? Cr@p where does that put us.....

Right where you belong ..... a bunch of meaningless has beens. :laugh:

Wet_Boots
08-27-2011, 10:41 AM
pot meet kettle :rolleyes:

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-27-2011, 10:46 AM
For discussion sake this is what the guy said. If the storm damage is in the billion area then he may have made a good call. If not then he sux.

"The storm cannot master its own strength."
Dr. Simon Atkins Dr. Simon Atkins CEO, Advanced Forecasting Corporation [AFC]

Dr. Simon Atkins Dr. Simon Atkins CEO, Advanced Forecasting Corporation [AFC]
August 26, 2011
The hype over Hurricane Irene is overblown, predicts the CEO of Advanced Forecasting Corporation.

"North of Delaware, most hurricane force winds will very likely be gusts, not sustained winds."

o The demise of Irene has already begun. There is no visible eye. The storm intensity is down to 99 mph. This would be a low-end category 2 or a strong category 1 storm, while 36 hours ago some predicted a catastrophic category 4 storm. Air Force Reserve aircraft have found that Irene's eyewall has collapsed, and the central pressure has risen -- rising pressure means a weakening storm.

o The reduction in storm intensity likely confirms that this storm is not going to be as monstrous as it has been publicly forecast to be.

o Yes, it will be windy. However, north of Delaware most hurricane force winds will very likely be gusts, not sustained winds.

o At Advanced Forecasting Corporation, we are concentrating on the surging waters which typically cause over 85% of the loss of life in hurricanes. We have modeled the following predictions:

1) There will be wind damage over eastern-most North Carolina as well as some storm surge flooding up the Pamlico Sound. Some houses in the Hamptons will be flooded and destroyed. Flooding might occur in New York's Battery Park Subway station and on the FDR Drive since the city could get up to 8 inches of rain. There may be some New England neighborhoods submerged due to rivers overflowing.

2) With 90% confidence, we predict a total damage bill below $1 billion. Unless there is an unexpected secondary or tertiary event, this is not going to be a huge-loss storm.

o Our internal modeling uses genetic algorithms to emphasize the weaknesses of storms. Remember that storms are energy. Just like people, they all have their own personalities. From the get-go, Irene was not a power storm. Her goal was to become wide, not internally powerful. Personified further, the storm became too big too quickly and it cannot master its own strength.

Wet_Boots
08-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Hurricane Agnes wasn't a wind event, and lives and billions were still lost.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-27-2011, 11:14 AM
I agree. He does predict what the surge damage will be but we'll see. I personally wouldn't put my azz on the line with weather events of this nature because he has little gain and much to lose.

dKoester
08-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Conditions are going down fast! Had a tornado at the ToysR Us store. Trees are starting to fall. Gust to 63 right now.

Wet_Boots
08-27-2011, 11:28 AM
surge damage depends on tides as well as the storm, and they don't always synchronize (thank goodness)

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Here's another one can watch Boots. The anti-alarmist crowd is out in force.
http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2011/08/27/gfswrf-forecasts-33-mph-peak-wind-speeds-at-new-york/

Wet_Boots
08-27-2011, 12:31 PM
I've been there while Hurricane Gloria roared in. Similar to this storm, so far as the predicted track goes.

But sometimes, hurricanes don't follow predicted tracks, so no one gets to bet the ranch on the center staying east of Jersey and NYC.

DavidNJ
08-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Is it best to leave grass long before a hurricane or cut it shorter?

Wet_Boots
08-27-2011, 01:08 PM
is it bluegrass or rye

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-27-2011, 01:25 PM
I'd leave it long to create a Feng Shui look after it blows through.

Wet_Boots
08-27-2011, 01:57 PM
besides, it might help you to get a disaster loan

DavidNJ
08-27-2011, 02:27 PM
It's a little late now, but we had heard that freshly cut is easier to cleanup after. However, something intuitive says longer would handle the heavy rain better.

It is tall fescue.

koster_irrigation
08-27-2011, 03:26 PM
lots of trees down!!

RussellB
08-27-2011, 04:22 PM
If you want the leaves and trash to blow into someone else's yard, cut it short. if you want it to stay where it falls, leave it long.
Posted via Mobile Device

ZX12R
08-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Tropical downpours just started here after a trace before noon. I moved all the cars to one end of the property for fear of falling trees. For that reason,we are sleeping downstairs tonight. I am not looking forward to the clean-ups next week as I am sure branches and debris will be all over the place.

Tropical storm warnings are posted here with winds sustained of 40-50 mph with gusts to 70.Just 10 miles tothe east,Hurricane warnings are in effect with gusts to 85. Long Island will get hammered. Hope everyone stays safe thru this.

Thank the good Lord we do not flood here. Not too far from here though,are Wayne,Little Falls,and Lincold Park. Those people will be leaving their house by boat for sure.

I have been thru Cat 1's before and was in awe of mother natures power. I,however,coudl not ever imagine goiubng thru a CAT 4 or a 5 though.

tadpole
08-27-2011, 05:42 PM
I have been thru Cat 1's before and was in awe of mother natures power. I,however,coudl not ever imagine goiubng thru a CAT 4 or a 5 though.

A Cat 1 is a summer breeze compared to a Cat 4 or 5. It is not anything that one can imagine, nor anything a person would want to experience. I hope that I never have to ride out a Cat 4 again.

Stuttering Stan
08-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Overall so far so good. The eye is close right now. Obviously lots of rain and wind. Storm surge seems to be our biggest concern right now. But the generators work and we have plenty of food. Hope it's a quiet night.

nepatsfan
08-27-2011, 09:58 PM
stay safe to everyone who is dealing with this right now.

Mdirrigation
08-28-2011, 12:43 AM
11:30 pm on sat , we got 40 to 50 mile winds heavy rain and no power , I see a tree down up the street , my generator is running and my sump pump is rolling . I an staying up most of the night in case I have to move the kids and wife.

JukE
08-28-2011, 01:30 AM
I got lucky it changed directions early this week. But my prayers go out to everyone in the path

Mark B
08-28-2011, 05:12 AM
Here are a few links to some FB pages. I think most of these are on hatteras island or the area

http://www.facebook.com/HatterasIslandvsIreneAug2011

http://www.facebook.com/HatterasIslandvsIreneAug2011

It is wild to see pictures of the sound water GONE to the other side (the mainland).

I have yet to hear about my camper

Posted via Mobile Device

Mdirrigation
08-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Didnt do much damage here just a bunch of leaves , limbs and an occasional tree , been pumping flooded basements , reg hourly rate , harbor freight had generators for 89.00 , little things , just big enough to run a sump pump , had 4 running all day

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-30-2011, 10:06 AM
7-10 billion is the damage estimate from Irene. Not nearly the storm the national media was hoping for thank goodness.

#12 just got a name KATIA http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at2.shtml?5-daynl?large

AI Inc
08-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Looks like vt got nailed. They say there is not a main road in the state that is not damaged. Northen NH got it too . Smaller streams that are not dammed overflowed into towns. Round here they lowered all the river levels at the end of last week. Was kinda shocked to drive down back and see the river 4 ft lower then Ive ever seen it before. Even more shocked that a public official actualy thought.

irrig8r
08-31-2011, 02:43 AM
Looks like vt got nailed. They say there is not a main road in the state that is not damaged. Northen NH got it too . Smaller streams that are not dammed overflowed into towns. Round here they lowered all the river levels at the end of last week. Was kinda shocked to drive down back and see the river 4 ft lower then Ive ever seen it before. Even more shocked that a public official actualy thought.

Some of you may remember that my ex and her husband run B&B just south of Woodstock, VT. My daughter was married there a year ago. The fall foliage season isnormal big business for them and it looks like they may have to cancel it. Basement flooded and full of mud. No water or power. Borrowed generator and dehumidifier helping to stop things rotting. No idea when power will be restored. River washed out the road (hwy4) not far from the house and in several other places. River came up, crossed the road and flooded three sides of the house... my ex described water pouring off the hill next to the barn as class 5 rapids.
Posted via Mobile Device

AI Inc
08-31-2011, 06:47 AM
Im thinking of taking a ride over that way today, if I do Ill post some pics.

DanaMac
08-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Bummer, Gregg. I hope it all eventually gets back to normal for them.
Vermont got nailed, and we were talking in another thread, or this one, about which state got the least impacted by weather. And Pete answered that VT might be it. Well, looks like we were wrong on that one now.

I watched a report on CNN of 3 people being rescued in Vermont - dad and two daughters. They went jet skiing in the river and something happened and were being swept away. They barely made it out after hanging onto some cables and buoys in a raging mess. Who in their right mind takes their girls out into that kind of situation?

AI Inc
08-31-2011, 09:48 AM
back
I watched a report on CNN of 3 people being rescued in Vermont - dad and two daughters. They went jet skiing in the river and something happened and were being swept away. They barely made it out after hanging onto some cables and buoys in a raging mess. Who in their right mind takes their girls out into that kind of situation?

That was actualy NH , about 15 min north of me. Guy was a moron . I hope they bill him for the rescue. If ya wanna show your a stud a take your life in your own hands with your buds thats one thing, to do it with ya kids is friggen stupid.

nepatsfan
08-31-2011, 09:30 PM
We just got power back last night from sunday morning. A lot of people around us are still out. Lots of trees and limbs down. We have made good money the past few days with the cleanup. I cant get to them fast enough. Two crews out cleaning up cutting trees and brush and cleaning off lawns. At least something good came of the storm.

I taped this news report during the storm. I posted it and lost power. Check it out though, I thought it was kinda funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKswZ8pFpIU&feature=channel_video_title

AI Inc
09-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Vt is screwed. Traveled the 2/3 top of the state and there is not an east/west road left.

AI Inc
09-01-2011, 08:28 AM
some more ....

AI Inc
09-01-2011, 08:29 AM
every road I was on had a closure at some point

AI Inc
09-01-2011, 08:30 AM
what I thought would be a 3 hr ride turned into 7

AI Inc
09-01-2011, 08:31 AM
more...........

AI Inc
09-01-2011, 08:32 AM
that was duke in the last pic

AI Inc
09-01-2011, 08:34 AM
last 1 there was one of the many closure on VT 100

AI Inc
09-01-2011, 08:38 AM
the company slouch

Mdirrigation
09-01-2011, 09:31 PM
And this was a catagory 1 hurricane

nepatsfan
09-01-2011, 09:32 PM
tropical storm up here

DanaMac
09-02-2011, 01:59 AM

Looks like Alaska and Hawaii
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/08/how-to-avoid-hurricanes-tornadoes-droughts-flooding.html?track=icymi

Mark B
09-04-2011, 05:11 PM
I cannot get on hatteras island until a few more weeks. I hope I will get some pics of the damage from the nrothern villages. I have heard of 5-10 storm surge from the wound there.

koster_irrigation
09-05-2011, 09:35 AM
amazing how that bridge didnt wash away but the road all around it did.

talking about some good construction! i see those steel I beams in the ground!!