PDA

View Full Version : Lesco truckster spreader fix

LAWNGODFATHER
10-31-2002, 01:38 AM
Cost less than $20

Parts needed; Throttle cable with no end, cable clamp, cable end, a piece of square tubing, and a piece of flat steel.

Pics will show how to assemble.

This one shows the cable end, clamp that is on the other side of flat steel. It is the same you would use to hold a cable in place on an engine.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-31-2002, 01:40 AM

LAWNGODFATHER
10-31-2002, 01:41 AM
How to attach the tubing and the other end of the cable.

LAWNGODFATHER
11-01-2002, 08:23 PM
60 views and no comments on fixing your cheezey pull string nightmare.

I went through a lot of R&D on this.

Nick
11-01-2002, 08:51 PM
I bought the spread 4 mower. Same as lesco, but has a selinoid to open gate. Good fix, like one of the push behinds. A cheaper option if you added it to a walkbehind mower for tight spots. How much are your sprayers for choppers? I want to buy one in the future.

Green Pastures
11-01-2002, 08:55 PM
LGF,

Do you use that to spread salt?

LAWNGODFATHER
11-01-2002, 11:02 PM
This spreader had a silinoid on it, till it burned up.

Much like the spread4mower made here in St. Louis, by some one I know, they have the same problem, but the problem is caused by the operator. It cannot be used more than 6 times a minute.

I also found the silinoid won't open and close the spreader easily and gate jams happened often.

I did buy the up-fit kit from spread4mower for this spreader after my silinoid failure.

However Nick the spreader looks the same due to the Lesco hopper, but the only thing on your spread4mower is the hopper and motor, they build their own aluminum frame and mounts, add a rubber flap to the back. $700 seems a bit steep for it though.

My solution add $20 more to a truckster and no more worries.

Yes I have used it for salt also, but this spreader has seen it's days and keeps on trucken'. I think it is 8-10 years old.

Harvestman
11-02-2002, 04:46 PM
Lawngodfather. Just how do you mount on of those babys on the front of a exmark ? I have a 48 '' Z. Thanks Harvestman

LAWNGODFATHER
11-02-2002, 07:57 PM
Accross the front castor arms.

Going to have to go to a welder and hsve them fabricate amount.

Shouldn't cost much more than about $75 including the materials and that is high.

You can have them make it so you bolt it to the 2 frame peices via Square end U-Bolts.

mlc
11-02-2002, 10:56 PM
Nice job. I spent my first summer with the truckster redesigning parts of it also. You are right - the string setup to be a joke. I fabricated a solid rod setup similar to their push spreaders. Hopefully Lesco will redesign this setup for future models; I've passed my fix along to the guys at my local Lesco shop.

I installed a reostat to slow the impeller speed down a bit. This helped out alot. I ended up using a reostat from Hot Grips Co. They made the heated grips on my ATV and snowmobile where I got the idea. If others are interested I should be able to dig up the part number. Overall I find the truckster to be a great time save once it was set up. Steve.

Harvestman
11-03-2002, 11:12 PM
Lawngodfather. Could you post some pictures of the mount on the front of the z just to give me some ideal where to start. Thanks an advance Harvestman

LAWNGODFATHER
11-03-2002, 11:34 PM
Go to www.jrco.com look at the way their mount hooks up.

Mine is on the front of a DC. Welded a 4" X 4" square tube on.

Lawn-Scapes
11-03-2002, 11:43 PM
Harvest... You can get a receiver tube at Spread 4 Mower $ for around $70... then get a piece of tubing to weld onto the bottom of your spreader.