PDA

View Full Version : Remote Access \ Management

zman9119
08-25-2011, 10:33 PM
I am working on a consulting project for a large property management company right now that I need some ideas on. Basically they are looking at retrofitting multiple sites so they are all on one system for control.

Basic requirements:

- Remote Accessible Programming (cellular, POTS, web)
- Flow Monitoring with automatic shut off
- ET \ Weather \ Sensor based automatic adjustment
- Able to handle anywhere from 4 to 40 zones
- Scalable (able to handle anywhere from a few hundred sites (controllers) which will be the pilot project to up to 5,000+ sites if all goes well)

I am looking at Rain Master, Calsense, Hunter, ET Water, Rain Bird so far.

Any other ideas or other suggestions?

thanks

mz

ArTurf
08-25-2011, 11:24 PM
I would talk to the manufacturers reps.

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
08-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Rain Bird IQ2 is real nice. It will be the Maxi-Com replacement. Calsense is nice too. If you're doing a central for somebody who owns hundreds of properties then I think you're better off with a system that they completely own and isn't web based. If you're doing single sites for single clients and the central is mainly for your benefit then any of the web based systems are fine IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

HunterTekGeek
08-26-2011, 02:58 AM
I work for Hunter Tech Service. I respect this forum too much to post a sales pitch here. I would be happy to answer your questions by phone though. Call me at 800-733-2823. Please ask for Rod Waller or contact me at rod.waller@hunterindustries.com And of course this offer extends to any member of this forum for tech support or product questions.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Rain Master has a way superior remote than Hunter.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-26-2011, 10:16 AM
and Rainbird

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
08-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Rain Master has a way superior remote than Hunter.

just about everything that Hunter's competitors make is superior to Hunter's products.....

Mike Leary
08-26-2011, 03:51 PM
The regulars know my choice for remotes, we have two RMs. In all fairness, I'd heard Hunter had improved what was a piece-of-crap remote, but, like TRC, all pale next to RM. :clapping:

ArTurf
08-26-2011, 04:31 PM
I don't think the OP is talking about the same kind of remote you guys have in mind. I think he is looking for controllers that can be set and checked from a computer or smart phone off site.

Although if he were the Rainmaster is a great tool.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-26-2011, 04:59 PM
The day of the dual remotes is here. I think the smart phone users are going to figure out real fast that servicing the system is much better with a radio remote.
Posted via Mobile Device

BrandonV
08-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Im with mike! I want an app for that.

1idejim
08-28-2011, 11:12 AM
I work for Hunter Tech Service. I respect this forum too much to post a sales pitch here. I would be happy to answer your questions by phone though. Call me at 800-733-2823. Please ask for Rod Waller or contact me at rod.waller@hunterindustries.com And of course this offer extends to any member of this forum for tech support or product questions.

in the encyclopedia under the definition of TRULY NICE GUY is a picture of ROD WALLER :waving:

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
08-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Oh yeah... I'll vouch for Rod.... Before he went to the dark side and went to Hunter he was in the tech service deprtment at Rain Bird.... I called him many a time when I worked in distribution to help out homeowners who came in with problems... He's a good guy!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Wet_Boots
08-28-2011, 12:17 PM
figure Dick Hunter would want to hire a guy named Rod......

Sprinkus
08-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Maybe Mr. Waller could answer this one:
Why would an ACC show OFF in the run position, along with why did tech support never call me back about it? :hammerhead:

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
08-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Maybe Mr. Waller could answer this one:
Why would an ACC show OFF in the run position, along with why did tech support never call me back about it? :hammerhead:

The product has the name Hunter on it.... does it require any further explanation than that?!?!! :dizzy: :laugh:

hoskm01
08-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Signature (http://www.signaturecontrolsystems.com/) makes a fine product as well.

Mike Leary
08-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Signature (http://www.signaturecontrolsystems.com/) makes a fine product as well.

They do; my criteria for mega-clocks is the amount of support from the branch and the local rep.

hoskm01
08-29-2011, 12:56 PM
support from the branch and the local rep.

Makes all the difference.