PDA

View Full Version : Flat tire on JD F525

Road Ruler
08-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Good day... My F525 took a roofing nail in one of the large drive tires. It has a tube and I can patch if I can get at it.

Is this a DIY job?? Any info is appreciated.

thnxs

Road Ruler
06-14-2012, 07:15 PM
No info so I took it into my local lawnmower fix it place and they replaced the tube. $25. which included labor.

piston slapper
06-14-2012, 08:24 PM
I guess 10 months is long enough to wait for an answer....
Good thing you weren't in a hurry....
Tires are best taken to people that do them everyday.....
I hate tires....really hate changing tires.....its a job for the guy that sweeps the floor....a know nothing nobody that needs a paycheck....it can be one of the hardest jobs done in a mower shop....and people just won't pay $60 to $80 an hour to get them changed....
Oh yeah...in case you missed it....I hate tires...
Posted via Mobile Device

The Lawn Ranger CT.
06-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Piston slapper~ You hate tires...I HATE Tires.... this is like the 4th time Ive had to fix a flat in the last 2 yrs (maybe I should consider myself lucky)~ anyhow the 1st someone stabbed the tire while on the truck, 2nd nail had to run a tube, 3rd tires way past worn needed new and bought online ( I'll post a photo to show you how they were delivered) what a nitemare~ and Just today....someone sliced the sidewall while I was in homedepot ! How do I know, I check everything first thing am before heading out and that includes tire/pressure all was ok...when I was coming out from the store I seen the mower sitting alittle tipped and sure enough....cut on sidewall~

Now is this how new tires are suppose to look.....flat and square~!