PDA

View Full Version : Certificate in Pest Control Technology from U of F

doug1980
08-26-2011, 10:44 PM
I still have my Post 9/11 G.I Bill and was wondering if this Certificate is really worth it? I really don't have time to get a full degree, but most of these classes are offered Online. Has anyone got this Certificate?

Ric
08-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Doug

I am half interested in check out this program Myself and I am already a CPO. Please post a link if you can.

I am not real Familiar with this program but Believe it might be a Structural Pest Control Course. It is also my understanding that this course is accepted by the BEPC to qualify to sit for the CPO test. However you might have to have a year under a CPO also.

If you read the BEPC qualifications to sit for the test, College Credit Hours are inverse proportional to time. More Hours the less time needed to sit for the test. You of course want Know all these fact before starting the program. BTW Once you have one Cert you can network with other CPO's to get all the Certs.

IS IT WORTH IT???? Like the executive Chef told me, You got to know your Onion if you don't want to flip bugers all your life. After a wonderful divorce in my Late 50's left me Broke. I went back to College and Got a 4 yr degree in horticulture just so I could sit for CPO test. I was 62 years old before I became a CPO and I would do it all over again

doug1980
08-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Doug

I am half interested in check out this program Myself and I am already a CPO. Please post a link if you can.

I am not real Familiar with this program but Believe it might be a Structural Pest Control Course. It is also my understanding that this course is accepted by the BEPC to qualify to sit for the CPO test. However you might have to have a year under a CPO also.

If you read the BEPC qualifications to sit for the test, College Credit Hours are inverse proportional to time. More Hours the less time needed to sit for the test. You of course want Know all these fact before starting the program. BTW Once you have one Cert you can network with other CPO's to get all the Certs.

IS IT WORTH IT???? Like the executive Chef told me, You got to know your Onion if you don't want to flip bugers all your life. After a wonderful divorce in my Late 50's left me Broke. I went back to College and Got a 4 yr degree in horticulture just so I could sit for CPO test. I was 62 years old before I became a CPO and I would do it all over again

Here's the link http://www.distance.ufl.edu/program.aspx?p=43 It's basically the same stuff I took in my Air Force Tech school. I think I will take it, can't have too much education these days.

Ric
08-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Doug

Education costs but the Pay Back can be HUGE. But when I sat for the CPO tests, I finished 4 hour tests in under an hour. My education pays me back every day now.

BTW Billy the Exterminator was a Air Force Pest Tech also. Of course the difference between Billy and Rat Busters NYC is, Billy is the Dysfunctional one while his customers are normal. Rat Busters are normal with a few not all Dysfunctional Customers.

fl-landscapes
08-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Looks like a good course. Says right on the front page you still need to work under another companies cert for one year to sit for the test. Umass has great course too its called the winter school
Posted via Mobile Device. http://a-c-s.confex.com/crops/2011srb/webprogram/Paper63473.html

doug1980
08-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Doug

Education costs but the Pay Back can be HUGE. But when I sat for the CPO tests, I finished 4 hour tests in under an hour. My education pays me back every day now.

BTW Billy the Exterminator was a Air Force Pest Tech also. Of course the difference between Billy and Rat Busters NYC is, Billy is the Dysfunctional one while his customers are normal. Rat Busters are normal with a few not all Dysfunctional Customers.

Yeah these days you can't have too much education. I've only been in FL for 2 months but got a job as a spray tech. So getting the OJT isn't a problem and I feel confident I can pass the cert test but with this course I can test in a year so it's very appealing. Not sure I want to start my own business again with all the headache, but being certified could open up many doors.
Billy makes me laugh. I don't know how he made it in the Air Force honestly.