PDA

View Full Version : f350 brake problems

brianslawncare
08-27-2011, 10:25 AM
i have a ford f350 4x4. i changed the pads and the front calipers also the booster and master cylinder. i bleed all four wheels and i still cant get a pedal? any ideas? thanks

ecurbthims
08-27-2011, 10:57 AM
rear brakes adjusted properly? did you bleed the master before install ? bad master ? prop. valve shifted ?your issue can literally be anything at this point since you have opened the system .

thom
08-27-2011, 02:14 PM
i have a ford f350 4x4. i changed the pads and the front calipers also the booster and master cylinder. i bleed all four wheels and i still cant get a pedal? any ideas? thanks

does the brake pedal sink to the floor when applied?

did you bleed the system by your self,or did you have a helper?

Impressions Landscaping
08-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Is the brake light on on the dash?? If it is, the prop valve is stuck. If thats the case smack the pedal hard but don't push down on the pedal. When the light shuts off (and hopefully it does), re-bleed the whole system again...but do not pump the pedal all the way to the floor when you bleed, go down about 2/3's of the way with the pedal, hold it and have someone open the bleeder up on the caliper. Since you opened the system, you'll have to bleed the rear brakes as well.

supercuts
08-27-2011, 04:56 PM
i see the problem, the part were it reads ford.....i have 4 of these mistakes. my 08 when new had one after another calipers sticking, ford didnt want to cover them on a truck with less then 10K on it.nor could they get the alignment right. nor can they make a fuel tank for an f550 that wont delaminate and cost thousands in repairs each time....ive done it twice now which means im on my 3rd tank. get rid of the blue oval and you'll be all in the same boat with a bowtie or a ram...