PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander 42" Drive Belt install?

Thomas Maslar
08-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi, I am new to the site and desperately need instructions on how to replace the drive belt for the 42 Stander. This machine cost me close to 7k and I can't get a repair manual for it. There is something profoundly wrong with that. The local repair shop is a total ripoff. I do all my own repairs and since buying redmax weedwackers and blowers a few years ago--that is not a big deal until now. This machine weighs a whole lot and trying to view the repair area is a colossal task. A quick look has me guessing I have to remove a pulley and what looks like an electric clutch? not sure how to do it shade tree style. I really

:cool2: appreciate this site and any info would be greatly appreciated.

pugs
08-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Hi, I am new to the site and desperately need instructions on how to replace the drive belt for the 42 Stander. This machine cost me close to 7k and I can't get a repair manual for it. There is something profoundly wrong with that. The local repair shop is a total ripoff. I do all my own repairs and since buying redmax weedwackers and blowers a few years ago--that is not a big deal until now. This machine weighs a whole lot and trying to view the repair area is a colossal task. A quick look has me guessing I have to remove a pulley and what looks like an electric clutch? not sure how to do it shade tree style. I really

:cool2: appreciate this site and any info would be greatly appreciated.

To start with most commercial mowers do not have any repair manuals available. An $18k Ferris IS5100Z doesnt have a repair manual. They have owners manuals with some instructions about general service. The machines themselves are very simple and really dont require any manual to work on them.

For a Fixed deck stander all you need to do is remove the deck drive belt and then replace your trans belt. You do not need to remove the clutch or wiring or anything like that...unless it is a newer 48/52/61 in which case I think you may need to do it a bit differently. You can download a parts manual or owners manual from www.wrightmfg.com. The parts manual will show you how to properly route the belt.

JayRent
08-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Apologies for hijacking your thread. I just purchased a new 48" Wright. The dealer didn't give me a manual. They referred me to Wright's website to print one off.

Does this sound right? I'm a bit irritated that I spend 7+ thousand and didn't get a manual.

PTP
08-27-2011, 10:57 PM
I am assuming that the 42" Stander has the same setup as the 48" Stander.

You don't have to take out the clutch. You will have to think about it for a bit but you simply have to take off the clutch to blade belt so that you can get the hydro belt in position. You need to think about routing the belt differently. At first glance, it seems that the clutch needs to come off but it does not.

You don't need to jack the mower up or anything either. Just take off the protective plate above the platform area and you should be able to reach everything from there. You might need some sort of a pry bar to move the pulley that has the spring attached to it so that you can slip the belt in place.

Thomas Maslar
08-28-2011, 09:10 PM
there is a welded bar attached to the clutch mount. Because of this I see no way to put the belt on without nremoving the clutch--and yes, I did remove the serp blade belt????:weightlifter:

Thomas Maslar
08-28-2011, 09:12 PM
I repair antique outboards and they are simple as hell. Guess what, they have manuals!

PTP
08-28-2011, 10:11 PM
there is a welded bar attached to the clutch mount. Because of this I see no way to put the belt on without nremoving the clutch--and yes, I did remove the serp blade belt????:weightlifter:

Yes, I know that. You are trying to route the belt the wrong way. I thought the same thing the first time. You don't need to remove the clutch.

Thomas Maslar
08-29-2011, 05:59 PM
It's on---you were very helpful--thanks bro!:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

PTP
08-29-2011, 07:07 PM
It's on---you were very helpful--thanks bro!:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

Good. Glad I could help.