PDA

View Full Version : I've already gotten a lot of good advice,but...

HOOKMEUPRED
10-31-2002, 03:39 PM
I have learned a lot so far by your answers to my questions and by reading alot of past threads. I would like to thank all of you.
Now to the reason for this post. I picked up a good book the other day and I just wanted to recomend it. I know there are other people, who like me are taking the steps to enter this business. Well, so far this book has giving me a lot of usefull information. It is Scotts Lawns, Your Guide To A Beautiful Yard.
I knew nothing before this book and now I have a reference to go by. I think any time some body comes on LS and ask for start up information. Somebody should include something like this. What good is cutting the grass if we don't know how high, how offten or what's killing it.
Thanks again for all the help I've received and all your advice in the future.

Gravely_Man
10-31-2002, 04:07 PM
Thank you very much for sharing the title of the book. You can never stay too current in the area you make your living. The more you know the better you will do! I will check this book out.

Gravely_Man

AGG Lawn Maintenance
10-31-2002, 06:01 PM
I keep in tune by reading all the mags. Check www.lawncaresuccess.com. They have a listing of mag websites.
Travis

dr grass
10-31-2002, 08:29 PM
i talk to other lco's as often as i can. i really like to talk to them when im just out and about. they are more apt to answer your questions is they dont know you are the competition. also, being open minded to learning things evey day is a step in the right direstion.

shep

Ricky
10-31-2002, 08:44 PM
Here is another

http://www.lawnandlandscape.com/

Then go to Archives.

SLS
10-31-2002, 11:13 PM
Getting "Turf" magazine in the mailbox is also quite a treat. It is always informative. :D

MOW ED
11-01-2002, 09:00 AM
You have access to the best online book in the business.

Its called the Search button.

On top of that you will find that the longer you frequent this site the more you find the individuals who really know what they are talking about. These are the people that you e-mail and talk to when you really have a pointed question.
I have found some great people who are willing to share their experience.

I try to pass on what I can also.