PDA

View Full Version : hurricane Irene clean up

grassmasterswilson
08-27-2011, 10:24 PM
So we made it through the hurricane. Winds stayed pretty strong all day. Lots of limbs, pine cones, leaves and other debris down. Seen some good size trees down also. Might have gotten 6-7 inches of rain in the last 18 hours.

What do you guys charge for cleanup? Mainly raking, chain sawing limbs, etc. I'm assuming that debris can be placed at the curb for city pick up(that's usually the case). I don't do any tree work unless its small and on the ground.

olebrooklawn
08-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Must people have insurance. I would charge 100.00 an hour. A min of 2 hours.

grassmasterswilson
08-27-2011, 10:35 PM

I'm not sure that leaves, sticks, pine cones, etc down in the yard is covered on home owners. Maybe if there was property damage, but more than likely that would be a job too big for me. I'm not a tree guy.

ALC-GregH
08-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Depends on the area that needs attention. It varies too much to say what I'd charge until I see it.

How could you charge 100hr with a 2hr minimum when all that might be needed is a 2-3in branch cut up and thrown away that only takes 20 minutes to clean up? So you'd charge $10 a minute? You can't price stuff that way on every job.

cpllawncare
08-27-2011, 11:27 PM
Shoot all we got were some funky lookin clouds not even any rain which we need badly.

cpllawncare
08-27-2011, 11:28 PM

I would consider that price gouging, and it's against the law!

Greyst1
08-28-2011, 12:37 AM
I would consider that price gouging, and it's against the law!

You clearly don't know what pricing gouging is..... $100/per hr = price gouging, what does your local Dr. get, min wage????

To the OP, I would quote by the job as i always do, keeping in mind if insurance is involved be in line with their pricing expectations (we all know what that means).

I would be interested to know the scope of some of these jobs. Post osme pics and stories. Natural disasters are a horrible things to have happen, part of our life none the less but i always love hearing stories about we can rebuild....ya know.

capetrees
08-28-2011, 10:10 AM
What are you regular rates? In emergency times, some people will pay a little more to get you there to clean up the mess. After hours rates are always a bit higher also and Sundays, etc. Emergency issues would pose a similar rate hike. $100/hr for raking and general labor? I wouldn't get that where I am. $60 yes but not $100.

integrityman
08-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Lotsa rain = Lotsa mowin- Have fun!

Km81
08-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I charge $160/hr (twice normal rate) for myself and my partner when we are climbing trees that have been broken off, or otherwise structurally compromised. Whether it be for disaster cleanup or just a tree that is in really bad shape. Climbing trees that have structural issues is a huge risk for Arborists, and they have to be compensated properly.

For ground crews I charge normal rate ($48/hr)

nortonlawncare
08-28-2011, 11:50 AM
i charge the normal rate i would for s spring of fall cleanup, unless there are trees down and we have to remove them then the price goes up from there, plus if i get to keep the trees i can always make a few more bucks by selling firewood

nepatsfan
08-28-2011, 12:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKswZ8pFpIU&feature=channel_video_title

Check this guy out....I guess he doesnt like the wind festival.. I nearly spit out my coffee.