PDA

View Full Version : I will never give up my Walker!!!

LB Landscaping
10-31-2002, 03:01 PM
Hey guys I just got back from a clean-up job. Up here in Maine we get leaves like you wouldn't believe. As much as I'd like to you can't mulch them they are just too thick. My area also doesn't offer curb side pick-up so we have to haul everything away. This is my first year with my Walker and let me say I can't wait to do more. The yard looks great. I took my BP blower and blew the leaves out of the beds and gardens and then went over the whole lawn with the Walker and couldn't believe the results. The leaves were thick and it sucked them right up. Took me no time at all to finish. I'm home to grab a bite to eat and am on my way to the next. Walker Rules!!!! :blob3:

Gravely_Man
10-31-2002, 03:05 PM
Isn't that the best feeling? Have the right tool or tools for the job makes all of the difference. I am glad to hear the walker is working out for you.

Gravely_Man

walker-talker
10-31-2002, 04:00 PM
That's how I felt the first time I scalped a lawn. I bought the Walker for that sole pupose and it doesn't take long to get paid off.

MATT

MOW ED
10-31-2002, 04:57 PM
As soon as they start falling I can start smiling on mine too.

visions landscape
10-31-2002, 06:35 PM
I have found on our big cleanups to S/D first then bag. We can really load our hoppers down and make fewer trips to dump

Green Pastures
10-31-2002, 07:06 PM
Seems there is just no really affordable, viable, user friendly trailer/dump box combination for us Walker owners. I just got the pricing sheet today from Monty @ Dump & Go. Looks to me like a 16' tandem axle with Hyd. end gate is $9000 :eek:

No pics of the tandem trailers but they do show cabovers.

www.dumpandgo.com

I'm waiting for information from Debris Systems Plus formerly "Klipping King" Their prices are probably somewhat similar.

www.debrissystems.com

Anybody have any other leads?

walker-talker
10-31-2002, 07:23 PM
For that price you could buy a decent, used grain truck with a 16ft bed with hoist and leaf vac.

MATT

ksland
10-31-2002, 08:28 PM
Yeh, but dixie choppers would do a better job just mulching them :rolleyes:

NOT! :p

HOMER
11-02-2002, 07:26 AM
I don't have a Walker but investing in the Trac-Vac for my old Scag was one of the best things I could have ever done for my business. Mulching is fine but for a really clean look nothing beats bagging. We run a Chopper over them first and follow up with the Trac-Vac. Makes things a lot quicker than using just one machine.

MOW ED
11-02-2002, 08:18 AM
Yeee Hawwww

They are finally falling and the Toro/Walker combo are killing the leaves. I should be charging more because we are much quicker with the shred em and vac em system than ever before.

The temp went down to about 20 on Thursday night and Friday morning they were falling like rain. We had some trees that were green, completely fall. I have never seen anything like it.

The Walker is not only useful but it is FUN to be able to pick up leaves instead of mowing for a change.

AztlanLC
11-02-2002, 09:03 AM
I wouldn't never give up my ferris is3000z, double blades and my vaccum neither, As long as you are happy with your product I think that's what matter the most.

I know a lco aroun my area who has walkers and I think he doesn't know how to usem because he does such a terrible job, same with other that has ferris, I've seen a couple of guys that have only 21"push mower and man they do such a nice job, they only take on small lawns tought.