PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help

DVS Hardscaper
08-28-2011, 08:51 PM
So we're building this Cornerstone retaining wall. I mean, yeah we've build alotta walls, but this one is far-out different than anything I've ever seen,

As you can see in the picture, there is a pretty roll of grid that we're going to use for reinforcement (I can't believe they make that stuff so pretty only to bury it in the ground). I've never worked with grid before, but I've read alot about it on this forum.

I need help installing the grid.

Thanks In Advance.

cameronderzack
08-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm going to go with the geo-grid being used is a joke...

scagrider22
08-28-2011, 09:03 PM
HAhahahahahahahahhaha, just roll it out long ways on top of the block and make sure you use your hand tamp when you back fill. If you have any corners make sure to use a handy dandy 90 degree laser!

93Chevy
08-28-2011, 09:56 PM
You're supposed to roll it out? :confused:

I always bury the full rolls behind the block.

neversatisfiedj
08-29-2011, 08:20 AM
I see you still have the FORD.

Krafty
08-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Skip the tamper all together, with that high tech pretty orange grind you don't even need to back fill your wall!!

GroundOneMN
08-29-2011, 10:58 AM
If you have to ask, then you shouldnt be doing it......but i think you should spot weld it to the block. Better bonding, but i have also used Duct Tape.....

Glenn Lawn Care
08-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Use your concrete adhesive, glue it to the blocks and roll it back into the hill.

tailboardtech
08-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Ya know the worse part is someone has probably used fencing before
Posted via Mobile Device

custom patios
08-29-2011, 01:25 PM
that looks a little too much like orange safety fencing to me. nice try.
geo grid does not get rolled along the length of the wall. it gets rolled from the face of the wall back into the soil it helps stabalize. cut and start again. but you know this Im sure, as well as the need to have an engineer so that a reinforced wall failure wont fall on YOUR shoulders.

DVS Hardscaper
08-29-2011, 01:34 PM
that looks a little too much like orange safety fencing to me. nice try.
geo grid does not get rolled along the length of the wall. it gets rolled from the face of the wall back into the soil it helps stabalize. cut and start again. but you know this Im sure, as well as the need to have an engineer so that a reinforced wall failure wont fall on YOUR shoulders.

Long weekend custompatios?

Posted via Mobile Device

jreiff
08-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Definately make sure to leave some of the pretty grid stick out on the face of the block, that way you can enjoy it alittle more!
Posted via Mobile Device

zedosix
08-29-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm actually thinking of using geo-grid for a snow fence, wonder if it would work?

scagrider22
08-29-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm actually thinking of using geo-grid for a snow fence, wonder if it would work?

Whats your address! :laugh:

tailboardtech
08-29-2011, 10:01 PM

we used some fabric style almost like a cargo net for soil stabilization . i imagine that would work good as snow fence :weightlifter:

Krafty
08-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Whats your address! :laugh:

hahaha, In a pinch I know it does good to wrap a pallet of loosley stacked natural stone... don't ask me how I know

jg244888
08-30-2011, 12:59 AM
zip tie it to the rocks of course

custom patios
08-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Terrible!!! Somehow I get this one little dot of poison, and BAMMO!!! It's freakin everywhere!!!

Long weekend custompatios?

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

DVS Hardscaper
09-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Terrible!!! Somehow I get this one little dot of poison, and BAMMO!!! It's freakin everywhere!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah I could tell you were a little uptight.

Perhaps a vacation??
Posted via a telegram

custom patios
09-08-2011, 08:52 PM
VACATION!? ah yes. I almost forgot that word. I desperately need one of those. whos paying?
seriously, I take vacation every year. its VERY important to me. this is the first year since I can remember that i havent. I decided to try a new gig this year and I've put everything I have into it. theres just no time for vacation. or money. i just hope it pays off