PDA

View Full Version : Propane Conversion Kits

muxx
08-29-2011, 08:02 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to purchase, or have installed the propane conversion kits? We checked with our local dealer for exmark and the quoted us $1800-$2000 or is that a ballpark going rate? Thankds

ffemt1271
09-01-2011, 08:07 AM
don't know where to start other than google, i would like one that allows you to use regular tanks like for a grill, because i have the stuff to fill them myself from my big tank.
i noticed after reading up on Exmark's site that they use tanks like on forklifts EXCEPT they run off of the liquid side instead of the vapor side like the forklifts do. makes me wonder how hard it is to find and the price of those liquid side tanks(kinda sounded like a specialty to me)

dboyd351
09-05-2011, 08:11 AM
don't know where to start other than google, i would like one that allows you to use regular tanks like for a grill, because i have the stuff to fill them myself from my big tank.
i noticed after reading up on Exmark's site that they use tanks like on forklifts EXCEPT they run off of the liquid side instead of the vapor side like the forklifts do. makes me wonder how hard it is to find and the price of those liquid side tanks(kinda sounded like a specialty to me)

I don't know about propane, but the tanks that hold liquid nitrogen (at least the ones we use) come equipped with several valves - one of which is for gas (vapor) withdrawal and another is for liquid. So, you can use the same tank for either.

enviromow
09-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Check out www.altfuelconv.com
I haven't ordered any kits yet from them but I talked to the owner at the GIE Expo last Oct. He said they have custom built conversion kits for almost any gas engine. They also have tank holding kits for your mower. I plan on getting my Honda walk behind conversion kit from them eventually and the price was about $300 at the time I spoke with him last year.
The conversion process is simple so I can't see why it would be so expensive. I have a Dixie Chopper propane with a Generac engine and so far(2years) it has been great.
Posted via Mobile Device

lawntennis
09-09-2011, 07:35 PM
I got two from Hendrix Gastrux somewhere in Ill. He sent them and they worked fine for a Better Outdoor and and exmark.

TRL
09-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Carburetion & Turbo Systems Inc.
1897 Eagle Creek Blvd.
Shakopee, MN

Tel. (952) 445-3910

Ask for Neil. Beam T60 Kits for Kawasaki Twins were about $315 including replacement carburetors or adapters. Ferrell Gas provided our cages and aluminum outdoor equipment tanks manufactured by Manchester and Worthington.

The conversion process is very straightforward and can be done in one to two hours.