PDA

View Full Version : Dump Insert on Trailer....

Lawn Pawn
08-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Hauled first load after final modifications... works like a champ!!

Truck Craft TC-100 8ft. Pro Steel... not made anymore.
Trailer... 14 ft. PJ 7K.

Pulls great.. dumps great.. very happy.
Can remove in about 15 minutes.
Can install in about 20 or 30 minutes.

I hesitate to give details of this project as it is not a recommended thing to do.
Hey it works for me and seems to be a very stable and safe unit in my opinion.

Got the dump unit brand new from dealer for less than 2k not counting sales tax. Had the trailer, so I'm into it right, just some fabrication and head scratching.

This load was four yards... yes I did tarp it.

KrayzKajun
08-29-2011, 11:34 AM
Thts actually pretty cool. TWO THUMBS UP
Posted via Mobile Device

4 seasons lawn&land
08-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Nice. Ive thought about mounting one to an 8 ft single axle for an offroad dump that I could pull around with a skid or mini x or tractor. But they do make offroad dump trailers so that may be better for that application.

Falcon50EX
08-29-2011, 09:27 PM
How do you off load it? It you have something like my boat lift it would take very little time to load or off load.

If it works for you that's all that counts

Lawn Pawn
08-29-2011, 10:32 PM
How do you off load it? It you have something like my boat lift it would take very little time to load or off load.

If it works for you that's all that counts

Have a steel tube frame that I made to drive under..

Take out three bolts that run through hoist frame through the trailer floor..

Small hyd. jack raises up rear of dump to my frame work, wrap chain around and secure..

Front is raised up with the crank jack on the trailer itself to the framework and secured with chain. Hoist frame is chained off so it does not drop.

Drive out and it's a done deal.. all cables etc. are rolled up in a tupperware type container and set in the box.