PDA

View Full Version : Looking into Contracts for next year ,Need info!

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010
08-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Hey guys,

I'm looking into going full time next year,since it will be my only revenue having contracts will help sleep well at night.

Can you guys help me or pointers to give me when doing contracts,like importants things that should be mentioned

Can you guys give me ideas how your contracts works like is it a set number of cuts,etc how about when it dry's out during 4 weeks??

I think i got things that are covered,but might be missing some

thanks

tlc1994
08-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Talk to a good local lawyer. If you try to it yourself it may not hold up in a court of law.

Your contract should include how many cuts per year and the frequency of these cuts (weekly/bi-weekly), as well as contigencies in which the lawn may not be cut for whatever reasons listed (weather, time, ect.). It should also be specific on the services given. The payment schedule, liability, cancellation notice, and even breach of contract measures could be included.

This is meant to protect you if push comes to shove, so invest the $80/hr or whatever it may be to have a solid legal document.

By the way, don't call it a "contract" to the customer; call it an "agreement."

lukemelo216
08-29-2011, 11:51 PM
agreed talk to a good lawyer and get it drafted up. the wording will really depend on how you run things.

I mean we visit our properties everyweek. It goes into detail about frequency, height, detail about each service (which is important.) If youre doing a spring cleanup, weekly weeding, shrub maintenance, mulching, annuals, etc. You need to go into detail about exactly what will occur. General Site patroling/litter pick up what ever. everything needs to be covered to the T.

Then you need contract terms to back you up which your lawyer can assist you with.

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010
08-30-2011, 01:32 PM
this might be a stupid question but what exacly will a lawyer do?

ChevHayes
08-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Lawyer can review/look-over a "contract" in the event that the property has their own. Lawyer can also generate a contract of your own ( you tell him what the dilly is and he incorporates the legal mumble jumbo)