PDA

View Full Version : Help with E-mail form letter

DVS Hardscaper
08-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Can anyone tell me how to use a Form Letter in Outlook?

Everytime I e-mail a proposal I take the time to type a letter in the e-mail body, basically saying thanks and that we're the greatest and to hurry up and sign the contract.

I'd like to have a form letter where I simply edit the name and what not.

Anyone know how to make a form letter?

Thanks!

DVS

GreenLight
08-30-2011, 08:42 AM
I generally use the "signature" feature and have 4 different signatures to choose from as templates. They all share the same general characteristics, logo, body and sign off with email, phone and name...But each one contains a different body message. Since they don't limit you to only being at the bottom of the email (like a normal sig) it allows you the freedom to fully manipulate the the email from header, body and footer.

They are quick and easy to build. One for proposals with a quick spiel in the body related to the proposal, one for thank you's with a prestructured body note, one for Invoices and one for General with an open body area. If you choose to do something similar, the only rule you have to follow is to set the message type to html so it can incorporate logos. Then choose "insert" signature and choose from the dropdown of pre designed choices.

DVS Hardscaper
08-31-2011, 09:44 PM

No one knows of any other way? Can't there be a form letter that is permanently saved under 'DRAFTS'?

pshields
09-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Find an email you have sent to a previous customer in your sent mail folder and there should be a button to forward it. Make sure to change the subject, it usually will start with FW:, change the name and clean it up so they cannot tell it is a forwarded message. Practice by sending to a non customer the first time.

all ferris
09-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Why not just save a letter in a word document and then just change the name and date for different customers. Copy and paste then your done.

xtreem3d
09-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Why not just save a letter in a word document and then just change the name and date for different customers. Copy and paste then your done.

what he said...i save them as a PDF in my documents folder, then change name, date, ect

DVS Hardscaper
09-03-2011, 09:46 PM
And I have thought abou that and thats probably what I'll do.

But I was kinda wonderin if anyone knew any secrets to working with Outlook.

Back in the fall I upgraded to the latest and greatest computer system and operating system after using an 8 yr old computer with it's original operating system. And Outlook has changed tri-fold from what I was used to working with, and with all those changes they have I was hoping they had a way to create a form letter and save it.