PDA

View Full Version : husqvarna mz6128 stuck fork!!

hitman01
08-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Hello all,

I recently purchased a Husqvarna MZ6128 to mow five acres with. I like the 3400 hydros and 61" deck as well as the 23" tires. At 9 hours the B&S engine went , it now has the B&S Cyclone engine out of Husqvarna's commercial mowers. With 17 hours on it the right front fork will not turn. It is under warranty but I am far from the dealer and don't feel like paying them to pick it up again and pay them to deliver it. I took off the bearing cap and there is plenty of grease in there. What would cause the fork to seize at 17 hours, and how might a fix it? Should I try loosening the castle nut? or call my dealer again....

thanks for your help!

Restrorob
08-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Call your dealer and hash it out with them, I've never had a issue with such a new machine (another brand). If the customer couldn't load it to bring to me I'd go get it free of charge, A happy customer is a returning customer.....

hitman01
08-30-2011, 10:23 PM
I popped the grease cap off and removed the castle nut and found a trashed bearing. I called the local dealer and he said that every machine from husqvarna came from the factory with no grease!! He said that they try to pack it full with a grease gun but obviously did not. Of course would have to order bearing so I went to another tractor store and matched the bearing. Packed it with synthetic grease and that made a world of difference. I can already tell the other side is failing. 8 dollar bearing lubed properly and the machine will be better than when it got delivered.

Restrorob
08-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Makes you wonder how these hack dealers stay in business..... :dizzy:

topsites
08-31-2011, 12:09 AM
Makes you wonder how these hack dealers stay in business..... :dizzy:

It's been like that for years.

Oh yes, front forks not fully greased, doesn't surprise me one bit.