PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the SCRUBS

TurfPro
11-01-2002, 10:42 AM
Lets post our worst scrub pix ,,,,,,,, heres some of my all time favorites :dizzy:

walker-talker
11-01-2002, 10:46 AM
Man look at them stripes...lol Actually it looks like it's more of a terrain problem. Looks like someone needs to come in with a box balde and do some work on that grade.

MATT

TurfPro
11-01-2002, 10:49 AM
actually it's not as bad as it looks(the ground shape) ,,,,,,,,just the workmanship is all "off"

The Mowerdude
11-01-2002, 10:51 AM
Wow, no wonder my business is growing!!

walker-talker
11-01-2002, 10:58 AM
Doesn't look like they bothered picking up any trash either...hehe.

MATT

CSRA Landscaping
11-01-2002, 11:00 AM
Who needs to waste their time using a weedeater?

CSRA Landscaping
11-01-2002, 11:01 AM
Or an edger?

CSRA Landscaping
11-01-2002, 11:02 AM
Or get the lines straight ... no matter where. :rolleyes:

ranger520
11-01-2002, 11:10 AM
Your Fired!

That is all that I can say for that.

TurfPro
11-01-2002, 11:13 AM
yea they didn't bother with "that there" trash "dat's extra":rolleyes:

stslawncare
11-01-2002, 11:42 AM
all i can say is WOW

Gravely_Man
11-01-2002, 12:21 PM
That is some fine work indeed. The sad part that we all know is that to a lot of customers that is fine. "It is just grass and another can cut it." Just be glad that you have some customers who have a clue.

Gravely_Man

lawnboy11
11-01-2002, 03:34 PM
I think it all depends on the customer and situation. If you can get away with that and make the same amount of money as you would have if you spent the extra time do do it right, then you win. However, flip side is you could hurt your image depending on the area, etc. In towns upstate no one edges and everyone is fine with it. I'd be fine with that too becasue I'd be done faster, although it would drive me nuts. Sometimes it all depends on what you can "get away with", where.

Richard Martin
11-01-2002, 05:12 PM
What I wanna know is why you guys are following me around taking pictures? :dizzy:

All kidding aside those pictures look like things I see every day here. The state and county have installed hundreds of miles of curbing and no-one edges it ever. We also have a lot of drainage ditches here. Although the ditch is right beside the road and not 20 feet from someones house they won't cut the grass in them. They cut the grass right up to the ditch. The county goes by and cuts it down with a bush hog once a year.

Evan528
11-01-2002, 06:30 PM
Looks like the kind of job my township workers do on the area parks and schools! Just pitiful!

John DiMartino
11-01-2002, 06:38 PM
You must wonder how soemone could scalp that bad,and keep on mowing the whole thing like that.It hard to compete with that level of work,some companys just dont care,they want it mowed,the lower the better,that way it lasts longer between cuts,I walk away when i know that what there after,let the scrubs have those jobs.

jsaunders
11-01-2002, 10:52 PM
That job is a REAL money maker, it only takes 30 mins. and I charge $15 per mowing - That works out to .......$30 per Hour- I'm going to retire early:D :D
Richard Martin - funny first line but there not following you it's ME!!:p
Guess who was the lowest bidder on that job? Thank GOD for my customers and my parents who would have smacked me if I had ever thought of mowing like that.
Joel

Envy Lawn Service
11-02-2002, 12:16 AM
Oh yall just wait!!! I'll try to get some good ones on here soon. God know I got plenty of places to choose from for pix!!!

I shall return in time.....
with some pics that will blow your mind!!!

Darryl G
11-02-2002, 12:35 AM
That is a classic TurfPro. Looks to me like they had one side of the deck lower than the other, maybe even had one wheel on the pavement in order to do that. I don't know, I'm not very experienced with providing that level of service.

HOMER
11-02-2002, 07:39 AM
I sure do like them new "grasphalt" parking lots........you get the best of both worlds!

But remember........it don't take a rocket scientist to do this work.

Those dudes got the IQ of my bank account........less than zero!

See it all the time and just shake my head.

turfman33
11-02-2002, 10:36 AM
WOW! Was they cutting the grass (whats left of it) or racing the Mowers around there? At least they wont have to come back until Spring of 2003 by the look of it.

Steve

AGG Lawn Maintenance
11-02-2002, 10:46 AM
Man I wish I could post some pic's of this school by my house.
I know a company cuts the football field but I'm not sure if they cut the front of the school to. I know that the front of the school looks just as bad if not worse than those pictures. The guy leaves piles and piles of grass clumps. I saw it one day and thought hey it was kind of wet today maybe it just clumped up. The next day I road by again and he didn't even rake it up. So I thought again hey maybe the guy go backed up. I week latter same clumps. Than my man set a record for the season with the most times for clumping up a lawn. He did it all season. You know I'm going to put a bid on it this year. :D Travis

Brickman
11-02-2002, 12:09 PM
Soooooooooooooooooooooo many people do not care what the lawn looks like, as long as they got the bottom of the barrel price.