PDA

View Full Version : Lesco's new CTR? Does anyone have one, and what do think of it?

ranger520
11-01-2002, 11:08 AM
I just got back from my local Lesco dealer and they have the new stye lesco ztrs 60" with 25hp kawis for $5995.00 I can not believe this price on these things. Are they worth it? I have been looking at exmark lazers and super z's and I can almost buy one of these and a additional w/b hydro for the same money. Your imput will be greatly appreciated.

Scott

Green Pastures
11-01-2002, 11:31 AM
I've looked at them, not really closely, but looked. They looked decent enough. BUT, in my limited experience (37 years) I've learned the hard way, most times you get what you pay for. I'd like to know what company is actually making them for Lesco. I'd look at/ compare warranty's. I'm pretty sure Lesco has not taken up manufacturing mowers.

I did not like the control placement on the W/B's and there were some things I did not like about the ZTR's but that could be just cuz I'm used to something different and not actually a quality issue.

Bottom line, demo the one you're interested in and demo another brand/model you're interested in. There is no substitute for comparison shopping. My momma taught me that! :D

rcav8er
11-01-2002, 06:56 PM
I to have been looking at this mower, great price but I'm not sure if I will actually buy one or not. As far as the mfr. I understand from the Lesco mechanic that it is a joint operation between Lesco and MTD Commercial. The only concern I have about the Z-Two is the front suspension. It has a pivoting front suspension and it looks alittle light for my taste. I don't know if it can stand up to my bad driving. However $5995 is a steal for a 60" 25 HP Z mower.:rolleyes:

Richard Martin
11-01-2002, 07:40 PM
Green Pastures wrote:

I'd like to know what company is actually making them for Lesco.

I do believe that would be MTD.

Envy Lawn Service
11-01-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by rcav8er
I As far as the mfr. I understand from the Lesco mechanic that it is a joint operation between Lesco and MTD Commercial. The only concern I have about the Z-Two is the front suspension. It has a pivoting front suspension and it looks alittle light for my taste. I don't know if it can stand up to my bad driving. However $5995 is a steal for a 60" 25 HP Z mower.:rolleyes:

Just so you know, these Lesco's are exactly the same as the Cub Tank and I've heard some very good stuff about them lately. I think the only "joint" thing between Cub and Lesco is that they let Lesco choose to paint the yellow areas on the Cub green on the Z2.

As for the front axle, yes it does pivot, but it can be set at pivot or fixed. Now as for it being a steal...heck yeah it is!!! You can't pick up a 48" Cub for that here even at the end of season.

I hate to say it, but for that, if I could stand to turn loose of $6,000 right now I'd allready have one on my trailer now.

longviewlawncare
11-01-2002, 08:45 PM
Talked to my exmark dealer today cause i am looking at getting rid of my lesco WB. Turns out it is just not what i am looking for. Good machine just don't like it that much anymore. He said the same MTD mower cost 2700 compared to the 3800 i payed for mine. Same mower, different name and color.

edward hedrick
11-01-2002, 11:02 PM
I own a 52 Lesco W/B bought in 1996. No problems. Looked at the Z. w a Peco system 8k. Bought a 20x48 Walker instead. On

our list of Z riders Gravely, lesco and Derby by Ferris. My other

rider is a Scag STHM 60" . I think if you want a Z mid mount 6k is better than 8k +catcher=10k.

Envy Lawn Service
11-01-2002, 11:21 PM
edward,

I see you are also interested in Derby by Ferris. Have you gotten any prices on the units?

I was seriously considering a Derby until me and another guy were having a conversation about them. He mentioned they were a homeowner unti. I went on Simplicity's web site (they own Ferris & Derby) to check it out. Sure enough it says something to the effect of it being a homeowner product.

I thought it was exactly the same as the Ferris. Turns out it's not. The warrenty isn't there on it like on the Ferris either. The Ferris turned out to have a better warrenty, price and looks. There is a little difference in the looks. The only mechanical difference I could find is that the Derby has striping rollers on the rear of the deck.

All this has me pretty PO'ed at the dealer which other than this situation has been the best I ever saw. I can't believe he tried to sell me on homeowner equipment.

:angry:

I haven't given him the benefit of the doubt and called him back either. He's supposed to call me in when the '03 Derbys come in. I'm just waiting!

I guess there could be a chance the web page hasn't been updated yet or something. I just thought I'd pass this on so you'd know. If you find out anything about this please let me know.

iamthelawnman
11-01-2002, 11:25 PM
yes it is a very good mower!!!! i just picked a 48' up last oct. with a 19 hp kaw. and i love it. the blade speed is so fast the blades ware so fast but the job it does is unbetable. my brother just picked a 54' walk behind up with a 19 hp kaw. and it has the same blade spped and is a about 4 miles slower but it is in some ways better, for the lawns but you can't bet the deal that they have going and yes it is a great mower . they have been around for a long time and two they all over the u.s.a..and are cheep as well