PDA

View Full Version : LawnSite.com Products!!

Administrator
11-01-2002, 12:58 PM
Hello,

We are now able to offer LawnSite.com products from the fine people over at W.E. Chapps. As a matter of fact!, a % of the profit comes back to LawnSite.com! So, not only are you getting some great products but you are helping your community!

Check out the assortment (T-shirts, MousePads, etc., etc.,) and details here...
www.wechapps.com/lawnsite

Please direct any product questions you might have to Jim....
wechapps@bellsouth.net

MacLawnCo
12-06-2002, 02:30 PM
Im not thrilled with these products at all.

DID you read this thread? http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36780&highlight=advertising+AND+lawnsite

We, the end users do not want the word to get out to just anyone and or everyone. I know that by advertising Lawnsite, it will aid WE Chapps by increasing those who will see their company, but there are better ways than ruining this forums with too many newbies and scrubs. Overall, I hope sales on these items are dismal at best. Nothing against WE Chapps, i am a proud and satisfies user.

John Gamba
12-06-2002, 04:26 PM
lawnsite Should Be a Paid Site. Or a site That requires A certain income, Like a Tax return for Varification. We should give this a try.
John Gamba

crawdad
12-06-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by John Gamba
lawnsite Should Be a Paid Site. Or a site That requires A certain income, Like a Tax return for Varification. We should give this a try.
John Gamba
OK, post your tax return on a website. Good idea. You go first.
I have heard a lot of things on this site, but this has got to be the most rediculous.
Here's another idea. You build this exclusive website, get you some exclusive members, then you can sit and call the rest of us scrubs or some such names. Make sure you charge enough to keep out the riff raff.
Crawdad
look at all my money, can I join? payup payup payup payup payup

DLS1
12-06-2002, 11:11 PM
It sure is funny how people don't want anyone else to see this site (make it pay site) once they have joined.

Reminds me of people who move from the city to the country on 5 acre lots and then start complaining after a few years that their should be limit on what can be built around them like no shopping malls, business, etc.

Once you get yours then keep out the riff-raff or is that
scrubs-raff. :D :D :D

Good thing they didn't cut off immigrants from entering the USA after 1900 or some of you would be living in another scrub-country right now.:p :p :p

stslawncare
12-07-2002, 09:30 AM
how bthe heck did this thread go from lawnsite products to scrubs and a payed site????????? i think thats the problem.

chuck i appreciate all u do and as soon as i can i will buy some products.

Runner
12-08-2002, 03:05 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to say I'm with Jason on this one. Though I have no control or say so over it, personally, I would really rather not see all this marketing, - esPECially with the exposure that THESE items are intended to give. (all except for the mousepad, that is). We've had this discussion before, and I believe we all reached close to a consensus that the outside advertisement is not that great of idea for VARIOUS reasons. BUT, that's capatolism for ya. More ad exposure means more hits on the site. More hits means more visibility and therefore, ability to charge higher prices to the sponsors. This, of course, means more profit. And THAT, afterall, is what it's REALLY all about, isn't it? I'm sorry, but it's almost like a sellout to the general public.:rolleyes: I know ONE thing, you won't catch ME purchasing this stuff!

KirbysLawn
12-08-2002, 03:58 AM
I agree, the people that would see the advertising would be my customers and I would rather not have them viewing my business info and how we make the profits we do. However, it's Chuck's biz and there are bills to pay so good luck.

gogetter
12-08-2002, 07:17 PM
If I bought a Lawnsite t-shirt it would be just for wearing at expos (to help other members find me), or around the house.
But I agree that I wouldn't want my customers coming here.

I wouldn't really mind other LCO's seeing it and checking the site out. Some could be great contributors, and some could learn to be more professional and get thier rates more in line.

And I know Chuck says it won't happen, but I would like to see it be a pay site. And yes, I would have paid when I first found it because I was SERIOUS about wanting to learn here.

MacLawnCo
12-08-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by gogetter
If I bought a Lawnsite t-shirt it would be just for wearing at expos (to help other members find me), or around the house.
But I agree that I wouldn't want my customers coming here.

And while you have it on arround the house, your neighbor, who just got laid off and who has ceditors calling 24/7 is going to go to the site, figure out what to do, do it cheeper and now you are the one without a job. Good plan

cantoo
12-08-2002, 08:01 PM
Maybe Lawnsite.com thongs would be better, only a select few would see them?

GroundKprs
12-08-2002, 08:21 PM
No! No!! NNoooo!!

As much as she sees LawnSite on computer screen, if she saw it there, cantoo, I'd have to live in an icebox! At minimum out in unheated garage. :( :(

gogetter
12-08-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by MacLawnCo
And while you have it on arround the house, your neighbor, who just got laid off and who has ceditors calling 24/7 is going to go to the site, figure out what to do, do it cheeper and now you are the one without a job. Good plan

Jason, if you're that insecure about YOUR business, that's your problem. I have no such worries.

captdevo
12-10-2002, 07:32 AM
I advertise lawnsite.com daily!!!

Competition is great!!

i think it's even better for customers or even potential customers to visit!! aside from the gripes on here about them, they would be able to see that for professional work costs money.

sounds like a few are insecure here, i don't see the problem......

Chuck i have 2'x4' space on one of my enclosed trailers....get me 3 decals!!! reflective....you know i'm on the road alot......

heys guys!!! "coming to a town near you!!!"

the wife would love a ls thong, add a little guy pushing a mower on it....lol

bubble boy
12-10-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by crawdad
OK, post your tax return on a website. Good idea. You go first.
I have heard a lot of things on this site, but this has got to be the most rediculous.
Here's another idea. You build this exclusive website, get you some exclusive members, then you can sit and call the rest of us scrubs or some such names. Make sure you charge enough to keep out the riff raff.
Crawdad
look at all my money, can I join? payup payup payup payup payup

he never said the returns should be posted......though i don't like the general income idea either

and although i can see a situation where an LCO could be harmed by to many around him/her being on lawnsite, we shouldn't be paranoid.