PDA

View Full Version : Nashville

Mack
11-01-2002, 06:26 PM
Just checking to see how many people are planning to go to the Expo in November.

Albemarle Lawn
11-01-2002, 09:07 PM
Is it worth the long drive/ costs?

Who has been?

KB

Darb
11-01-2002, 09:11 PM
I am planning on going with my partner.
Darb

Lawn Cops
11-01-2002, 10:05 PM
I'm going, will be my first one. Hope its worth the 6 hour drive.

Jim
Lawn Cops

CSRA Landscaping
11-01-2002, 10:31 PM
I think I'll drive up for at least one day. I've already got my badge, so why not?

Ryan Lightning
11-01-2002, 10:35 PM
Does the Expo ever go to CA are Nevada?

John Allin
11-01-2002, 10:59 PM
GIC has grown to the point where they are quite limited as to where it can be held. I would not expect to see it in CA or Nevada.

I'll be there, along with 4 of our people.

stevo22
11-01-2002, 11:58 PM
when and where may i ask???

CMerLand
11-02-2002, 09:25 AM
I went three years ago when it was last held in Nashville, and its worth the trip. You will get out of it what you put into it, just like with anything else. If all your going to do is go look at gee-whiz lawnmowers that no dealer anywhere near you sells then youre not going to get much out of it. Or better yet the guys that go look at the mowers they already own so they can say YEP i own one and its the best machine here, without actually looking at any of the others.

However, you can gain huge amounts of insight and knowledge by attending the conference classes, the round tables, hearing the keynote speakers etc, youll go home charged up and ready to rock your business world.

The GIE does move around every year to try to draw people from further areas. Unlike the Expo in Louisville every year by moving it around the country, getting it close to people on the ends of the continent brings in some that have never been.

Its been in Baltimore, Indy, Nashville, and Texas (forget which city). Im kinda hoping it works its way to Las Vegas one year and I'll be happy to get on a plane again for that one.

If in doubt GO!!! Ask questions, be involved, dont be shy and gather info. You can thank me when you get back.

CMerrick

GroundKprs
11-02-2002, 11:23 AM
The GIE is the annual meeting of 3 green industry associations: PGMS, ALCA, and PLCAA. Each has their own agenda for the week, but you can cross over into the educational seminars of other groups.

The farthest west the GIE has gone was to Ft. Worth, TX in the mid 90s, but they will not plan on going west of the Mississippi River (past St. Louis) in the near future. This is because the large majority of members in the 3 associations are based east of the Miss. River, and having shows far west would reduce attendance, as happened at Ft. Worth.

walker-talker
11-02-2002, 01:37 PM
I am going. It's a 12 hour drive for me, so I am doing what CMerLand suggested, going to seminars for 4 days, round tables and so on. I wouldn't just go for the expo, not the distance I am driving I am getting pretty excited.

MATT

65hoss
11-02-2002, 01:43 PM
Wouldn't miss it. I want to take in the seminars.

stevo22
11-08-2002, 05:46 AM
again, can someone plz tell me when and where...maybe a phone number to get directions??thx, s.p.

awm
11-08-2002, 07:48 AM
yea fellas how do i find this thing after i get there. i lived in nashville for a yrs in 66. had ambitions as an country music somethin. found out the song about their being 14.992 guitar pickers in nashville was rite.still had a great time:)

65hoss
11-08-2002, 08:23 AM
http://www.gieonline.com/

jkelton
11-08-2002, 03:58 PM
Well, I'll be there, but my truck won't. I was scheduled to have my mulch blower truck (60 yard Rexius) at the outside demonstration field test day blowing some mulch, but unfortunately, today was not my day. I was in a wreck this morning with the truck and now it's in the shop for a couple of weeks. Mostly cosmetic damage in the front, but the radiator and air cooler will need to be replaced, along with the bumper,hood, and front tire. I was looking foward to meeting many of you at the show - I do plan on having some of my brochures at the Express Blower booth - please drop by and ask about it.