PDA

View Full Version : Keeping records

Mack
11-01-2002, 07:30 PM
I just got my study material to get my fert lic. and was woundering if any one keeps records on who they spray, day, time, amount, and what. Just asking or is this a requirement for down the road just in case someone whats to look at records.

Turfdude
11-01-2002, 08:35 PM
Mack,

This should be on the pesticide forum, but I'll reply anyhow. In NJ, the DEP offers a course where they show you how to keep the records. As long as you take the class, you should have no problems. You also should get some core credit too.

Bob

stslawncare
11-01-2002, 08:37 PM
dont know if its a requirement as i dont have my license, however i know keeping great records can always do some good. for one when dealing with fertilizers and such its good to keep records to keep a good schedule etc etc. and also if anyone ever questions wether or not you did something you have the records. just last week a customer questioned his bill, i pulled out the records and he didnt say another word.

bobbygedd
11-01-2002, 11:46 PM
perfect timing on this post. i just had an inspection by the dep on monday morning. the biggest concern they had was record keeping. im proud to say, i got an a+. if u need any help on this feel free to ask, ill even send u the form i use to keep the records, they loved it!

GroundKprs
11-02-2002, 08:32 AM
Great question to ask of your state pesticide regulators as you are accomplishing your training. Remember that pesticide use is regulated by states, so there will be dramatic differences in state-to-state regulations. I believe that generally, detailed application records are required for restricted use pesticides only.

But then, record keeping is a function of any business to know what the business is accomplishing. If you sprayed all your lawns for weeds over the last two weeks, and find that clover died on only half of them, how would you figure out whether it was just applicator error, a problem with the herbicide, or some other factor? You'd need to start with your own records of what you mixed, how you mixed, when you applied, etc.

wmsland
11-02-2002, 09:45 PM
Yes, in the state of Ohio you are required to keep records. Keep reading uour study materials and it will explain what exactly you need to keep records of, everything from type of product used to weather conditions. I also seem to remember some sample record sheets in the back of the training manual. Good luck with the test, if you can afford it take one of the training courses for the test that way you will know what to study. When I took the test I just studied all the material for about 4 months and when I took it I felt really unprepared, passed it all though first time. Like I said good luck.

Tony Harrell
11-05-2002, 06:25 AM
Record keeping will cya most of the time. Most inspectors go for that, after wanting to see your license first.

anthony
11-05-2002, 06:49 AM
bobbyjed:could you be so kind and send me it?
antnony
cgmlawns@yahoo.com