PDA

View Full Version : 31hp Diahatsu Liquid cooled

Floridalandcare
09-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Got this engine sitting on a 72 lazer with around 2700hrs . Would like to have it over-hauled . A mechanic said they had problems with the crank wearing out and replacements were near impossible to find .This engine doesn't leak oil or burn it, but 2700 hrs is alot. is it an easy rebuild ?

For pistonslapper. anyone in Tampa you'd recommend to do this .. Please don't tell me Als lawn care products.

piston slapper
09-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Als Lawncare????
Somebody been pulling my resume? (Haven't worked there for over 10 yrs.
I know a guy out in seffner. Ill send you a pm when I get to the shop in the morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

Restrorob
09-01-2011, 09:36 PM
What's this ? Slapper dodging a bullet.... :confused:

piston slapper
09-02-2011, 09:33 AM
What's this ? Slapper dodging a bullet.... :confused:

When the S on your chest has as many miles as mine, It just makes good sense to dodge a few every now and then....

piston slapper
09-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Als Lawncare????
Somebody been pulling my resume? (Haven't worked there for over 10 yrs.
I know a guy out in seffner. Ill send you a pm when I get to the shop in the morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

If it was a Kohler I'd probably take the job myself..But, As I've only seen 2 of those engines in person, I'll send you to someone with alot more benchtime on Daihatsu engines.....Professional Courtesy....

Call : MG Industrial Engines
At : 813-622-8763.....Ask for Mike

SLAPPER

Floridalandcare
09-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Pistonslapper, I live in Tampa (Lutz) also and figured that you might know about Als. I have nothing bad to say about Als other than I wont take my equiptment there to be worked on , I found dropping a machine off at Als for something little like changing hydro oil would result in them fixing every little thing on the machine eaqualling a huge bill.
I do however still buy our lazers from him.The mechanic who I use now used to work for Al and is now on his own . His name is Jeff and has long hair. Hes very knowledgeable and always gives good advice but wont touch my Lazers..