PDA

View Full Version : Whats the problem?

lawnman24949
09-05-2011, 12:51 AM
I have a 2010 Ferris ZTR and the last week its been causing me some problems. It has just over 500 hours on it and was wondering if maybe it just needed a new starter. Also I don't know if this gives you any help but I cut with it Wednesday and I got thru a few lawns and getting ready to start the next lawn it wouldn't start and wasn't even turning over. So I just used the walk behind and at the next lawn I thought i would try it and it fired right up and didn't have any problems the rest of the week. I finished all my lawns Friday and went camping till today and came home and thought i would cut the lawn and it did the same thing as early but 5 minutes later it started and worked fine on the whole lawn. Just curious if any know what might be wrong.

Kylec3
09-05-2011, 12:56 AM
having a similar problem with a scag of ours...usually happens first time we go to start it in the morning...sometimes a few times a week..sometimes once a week...depends...when we tap on the starter llightly with hammer while turning ignition and holding choke up...it usually starts up..but sometimes gives us problems

TuffWork
09-05-2011, 01:12 AM
It's one of two things. A loose connection at the battery or the starter. OR it needs a new starter.