PDA

View Full Version : I've got 7K-8K......what would you do?

moloss
09-05-2011, 04:14 PM
so I'm looking at a zero turns and I'm not sure what or how to spend my money.....I've looked at the exmark e-series about $7500 new and liked it but I've also looked at the john deere and hustler about the same price/series....anyhow I've also found a couple of used full size exmarks and hustlers in that price range with less than 200hrs and a couple years old but new were 11K new (the top of the line of each).....we have a farm and cut about 4 acres around the house each time we cut.....is it better to get the mid range model new or the top of the line used if the price is the same? thanks Chris.

Penncare
09-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Unless you need it right now, waiting a little may supply some great deals as winter comes on in the south. The drought in much of the southern US has put a terrible strain on the cash flow for many southern lcos and some will call it a day. That influx of used equipment and the lack of interest in new machines coming out will improve prices for both used and new. I have always felt better about new because there is no way you can be assured how a machine has been treated or when someone is pawning a problem off on you, plus you have the warranty cushion for some time.

HLM HustlerZ
09-05-2011, 09:07 PM
You ought to look at the Hustler X-One 48 inch that retails for $7899 New. It's in the upper class Hustler range with the Super Z's and you can get a 54 inch for around $8300 or so.

4 seasons lawn&land
09-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Im a fan of waiting for a good used deal and saving a buck. It can make a big difference. The large frame Z's compared to the next size down makes a huge difference also. I had the entry level commercial machine $8000 and went to the largest size 10-11,000. What a difference. Its twice the machine.

Penncare
09-05-2011, 09:31 PM
I can get the Hustler xone with the 31Kawi and 60" for $8300 locally and that is a lot of machine, probably more than most would ever need. I was going to purchase one, but I am a gambler and bet I can get it for under 8k in a few months.

moloss
09-08-2011, 11:06 PM
thanks for y'alls replies I think I'll probably take a wait and see.....wait b/c I don't won't to spend the money and see to see if some screaming deal comes along.....again thank you.

Az Gardener
09-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Buy some gold or silver while you wait. You may find out making no decision was the best decision :waving:

ed2hess
09-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Buy some gold or silver while you wait. You may find out making no decision was the best decision :waving:

Bingo....the idea of using cash money at this time is not good.....stuff can be financed at very low rates. Got people that can't pull enough money together to refinance thier homes because they need 20% down to get the super low rates. Get money adviser.

retrodog
09-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Hey man, you wont get any lower than 8300 on that done, unless you get a demo from a starving dealer that's crazy pricing on it. There is a dealer in Ohio on eBay that has one with 30 hours he says comes with full warranty for 7399, that dudes lost his mind....lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

tyler_mott85
09-10-2011, 08:21 PM
With 8000 I would put 5000 away and forget I had it and spend the other 3000 on repairing my current equipment and making sure the business side of my operation was as smooth as possible. For example...billing software, business cars, insurance, maybe get a lawyer locked down and go over some stuff or maybe get an accountant. Hell do some marketing stuff. Maybe get new graphics for the truck, etc.

To me making sure you're secure on the side of business that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual work is more important to success than your equipment. Anyone can go mow grass. But so many people that go mow grass with fancy equipment without insurance get shut down with a lawsuit that they would be able to defend themselves against easily if they had prepared properly.

Just my .02

hackitdown
09-14-2011, 04:16 PM
I'd pay off debt first. Gold is sky high, possibly a "buy high, sell low" situation unfolding. I'd think twice. Real estate is in the gutter, this may be time to "buy low". Try to find a foreclosed condo or something. Generate some rental income. I bought a condo last October at an auction, and I put an offer in today on a foreclosed duplex (with a giant garage to store my stuff!).

Otherwise get the used mower.