PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed Trailer opinion

kleankutts
09-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Guys,

Wanna get you opinion on this enclosed trailer question. I'm looking to buy a 7x14 or 7 x16 enclosed trailer with dual axles. What is a better trailer - King American, Lark, or wells cargo? This is the mowers I will carry - scag 48" a toro 32" walk behind and 2 snapper self propells. I'm also considering buying a Walker 36" or Scag 52".

Plus all the weedeaters, blowers you know the ususal cast of equipment...It has to hold up to normal wear and tear.

Thanks

Andy31
09-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Don't know about those three, but I have heard good things about Wells Cargo. I had a 28' Pace American that was built in 1992 and was still holding strong when I sold it this year. So I can only speak about Pace, that trailer was 19 years old and looked like it could go another 19.
I would go with 16'

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
09-05-2011, 07:33 PM
We also run pace enclosed trailers. We have a 16 ft and a 14 ft. Both have held up great give them a look before making a final decision.
Posted via Mobile Device

xtreem3d
09-05-2011, 08:15 PM
not familiar with king but have heard Lark is 24" on center tubing which is pretty far apart especially on the floor. Look at trailer weights. They all use basically the same skins.tires,axles ect so the difference in the lighter trailers would be less or thinnner metal used and possibly thinner ply on walls and floors,
Steve