PDA

View Full Version : Insurance question

duelling carl
09-06-2011, 01:02 AM
This maybe stupid but when I get insurance for the business that covers me, the truck, equipment, and yada yada, do I need to also have auto insurance on the truck and trailer?

rkeguy
09-06-2011, 12:31 PM
My auto policy will cover my vehicle and the trailer since it is being pulled by my covered vehicle, but my general liability insurance covers me and my equipment. I understand my auto policy and general liability insurance being two seperate policies but does not double insurance.

In VA we have to license the trailers but do not need to be insuranced like a car but will be covered by the vehile doing the towing.

GreenI.A.
09-06-2011, 04:30 PM
talk to you agent all states are different, some rquire commercial auto and some let you have a regular auto policy. But as far as I know in all states you have a seperate vehicle policy and general liability policy. For example if one of my trucks gets in an accident and is at fault my commercil auto policy will cover it up to 1/4 million in damage. If I am sued beyond that then my GL will kick in and cover anything more. The main thin, talk to your insurance agent. i do applaud you for being a responsible business owner and getting insurance

Zetnick
01-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Is there a good insurance company in the DFW, TX. with competitive rates for a licensed applicator??