PDA

View Full Version : Turf TracerHP w/self steering (sit down) sulky

Joel B.
11-02-2002, 09:04 PM
Anyone using this setup? I've been looking at Lazers but can't believe the prices and thought this combo might be a lower cost alternative.

What can I expect for prices on a 48" or 52" TT? Is there less of a chance of tearing up the turf with a WB? Any advantagaes to a WB over a rider besides price?

Thanks to all,

Joel B.

TJLC
11-03-2002, 09:02 AM
I have a TTHP 48", ECS controls and 17 kawi electric start with the Exmark sitdown steerable sulky. IMHO it works very well. As far as tearing up the turf, you just have to be careful when turning like with any other machine. When I owned my Lazer I found myself using two machines to do my bigger properties with steep slopes and also having to service 2 machines every week (Lazer and w/b) Now I use 1 machine to do it all. Don't get me wrong the Lazer was a very nice machine but not for me in my paticular situation. I just didn't feel comfortable with it on slopes. My TTHP with sulky I take on the same slopes with no problems. As far as price my TTHP was about $4900.00 or so and the sulky was about $600.00. Good luck.

This is in no way meant to bash the Lazer, it is a fine machine.

Joel B.
11-03-2002, 07:38 PM
TJLC:

Thanks for the reply. Does your set up have enough power, especially when mulching? I had been looking at a 52" Lazer HP w/23 hp motor and noticed that the same size deck in a TTHP only has a 17hp motor. I am assuming that is because of the weight difference, about 350 lbs.

Thanks again,

Joel B.

scottishmaximus
11-03-2002, 11:58 PM
i have a new 48" tthp. paid about $4900 for if. i searched and searched for a sulky. i chose the two wheeled velke brand and it works great. can back up and no jacknifing. could have gotten a good deal on a used exmark sitdown (new about $600) but decided the trailer space and sight of deck and using ecs were tough to get around. plenty plenty of power with the 17 v twin kaw. didn't think it cut the best at first until i sharpened the factory blades. cut is great and stripe is awesome. great purchase!!

TJLC
11-04-2002, 07:42 AM
Joel B. I never have mulched with any of my mowers so I couldn't tell you anything about that, sorry. As far as power it's seems to be enough though I think a 19 Kawi would be little better. I have owned a Lazer 52" and it was a fine machine. My setup now, I feel, is a nice lower cost alternative. It did take a little getting used to, when using the ECS controls and the Exmark sulky together. I guess what I like the best is I can walk or ride, based on conditions, with ONE machine. Good luck.