PDA

View Full Version : patio paver pricing help

Ziob
09-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Hi Everyone,
just curious what you guys get on average for labor per square foot to install pavers/patio not including the materials.....just your labor. This patio and walkway is wicked easy with little to no cutting at all its basically just laying the foundation and then installing the pavers......i usually go by the hour but every once in a while someone wants a by square foot price so i'm looking to see what you guys get per square foor for just the labor....any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Ziob
09-06-2011, 09:50 AM
i'm looking at like $15 per square foot all inclusive.....$10 for labor only

DVS Hardscaper
09-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Well, I believe most here do not unit price, our prices are usually based on estimated production hours. Or some will base pricing on per day.

Our jobs however, do average out to be in the neighborhood of $15 / SF including materials.

So $10 / sf without materials is probably a good number.

But I would not unit price even at that. I would still calculate production hrs based off of accessibility to the work area, clean up required, and the time estimated for constructing the pavement.

When the recession hit inhad a client supply 6000 sf of pavers. Base was already done. So I based my price on estimated days.

Posted via Mobile Device

Ziob
09-07-2011, 09:03 AM
thanks a bunch this is an easy job easy to get at only roughly 250 square feet small walkway and patio area...i usually just price it out by the job like you said but every once in a while someone wants a square foot number to compare to other estimates.

DVS Hardscaper
09-07-2011, 09:28 AM
thanks a bunch this is an easy job easy to get at only roughly 250 square feet small walkway and patio area...i usually just price it out by the job like you said but every once in a while someone wants a square foot number to compare to other estimates.

Customers *want* everything.

And with me, I never provide a per sq ft price. It can be misleading. You could sell yourself short and be stuck with the job or you could overprice and lose a job that could have done for less and still been profitable.

When people say "how much per sf?"

I respond "it could be $14 to $30 / SF. We price by the job. I'd be happy to meet with you and see what you have"

jonesy5149
09-07-2011, 06:54 PM
I just gave a big earth work company that i gave a SF price but the job is just over 4k sf and they did the ground work. Other than that i stay right away from the SF price.

Ziob
09-08-2011, 09:13 AM
yeah i quoted them 3k for the work including materials for a roughly 12x12 patio and then a 20' walkway to the door...all straight and right angles not alot of cutting.

jonesy5149
09-08-2011, 10:36 AM
WOW I could not touch that price. I hope you do that in a day.
Posted via Mobile Device

cooltype
09-09-2011, 08:05 PM
That can easily be done in a day and assuming walkway is 4 feet or less wide, in my area I would have maybe a grand in materials and labor so 2k profit sounds ok for me anyways.

DVS Hardscaper
09-09-2011, 08:42 PM
I have yet to see a 1 day job.

Getting materials to site, unloading, hauling off spoils, doing the actual work, cleaning up, grading, etc. That's alotta tasks for 1 day.
Posted via Mobile Device

cooltype
09-09-2011, 08:45 PM
That's true, I just left a "one day" job today...headed back in the morning to finish up b/c materials, etc were not fully on site till after lunch. A good day and a half would have been a better estimate but I have a problem with being overly optimistic