PDA

View Full Version : Trailer tagged in Maine?

bob
09-06-2011, 03:56 PM
I live in Delaware. I've seen at least 5 local landscapers with their trailers' tagged with Maine plates. Any idea why?

GreenI.A.
09-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Are they possibly rentals? Alot of large national or regional rental companies will register vehicles and trailers in a state that is cheaper. For example alot of Enterprise cars at MA lots are registered in RI or NH. The same with alot of Uhauls here are rregistered out west.

Ben's Landscape
09-06-2011, 06:45 PM
i have heard that maine is very cheap to register and easyer to do than Mass. i know a couple of people that have done that from Mass. i do not believe they charge as much for sales tax or it is none i am not sure, i dont believe they have to be inspected either. again im not sure. but it is definatly to save money

GreenI.A.
09-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Yeah that new trailer inspection law got one of my trailers.

But is it worth it if you are in Delewere. Thats a hell of a drive for the registry to save on the sales tax and registration charges. I guess they would also save on yearly excise taxes to. Maybe Maine lets them register it online.

Tim White
09-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Haskell Registration Agency, 5 yrs, $60.00, will only due trailers with 2990lb. limit due to brakes. Did this for a trailer a while ago.

AI Inc
09-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Yeah that new trailer inspection law got one of my trailers.

But is it worth it if you are in Delewere. Thats a hell of a drive for the registry to save on the sales tax and registration charges. I guess they would also save on yearly excise taxes to. Maybe Maine lets them register it online.

yes , Maine lets you reg online and will mail a plate to an out of state address.