PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have a Rain Master Case to Sell?

mx315
09-07-2011, 09:00 AM
My irrigation guy left the case for the RM in a doctors office and it disappeared. Looking to buy just the case if anyone has one laying around.
thanks

FIMCO-MEISTER
09-07-2011, 09:22 AM
My suggestion is to turn lemon into lemonade. I've had several customers abandon the rm case and get a little bit larger electricians case. Cut molding to allow the rm to be put back in without disconnecting it. Has room for multimeter and extra ***tails. Wire strippers wire nuts etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

DanaMac
09-07-2011, 09:34 AM
I bought a TRC Commander from another Lawnsite member, which did not have a case. I use a metal ammo can for it, and cut some foam pieces for the inside to protect it. Works really well.

Stuttering Stan
09-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Are you serious? Wouldn't a customer question the irrigation dude walking up to the house with an ammo can?

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
09-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Check out the cases that Pelican makes. They have the foam inserts that you can pull out to fit to any shape or size of whatever you want to put in the case. I have a couple for my camera gear and they are great cases! They come in all shapes and sizes and are pretty reasonable priced. I'd also venture to say that they are much better than the OEM Rain Master case in terms of protection.

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1170-Carrying-Case-Multi-Purpose/dp/B0038VETHS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1315406217&sr=8-2

Mike Leary
09-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Dare I ask what the tech was doing in the Doctor's office with JUST the case? :dizzy:

mx315
09-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks fellas. I used to have a Pelican case for me camera... forgot about those. He took the remote into the building with the case and disconnected the gear late in the day and forgot the case. I went back two days later and it wasn't anywhere to be found.

Wet_Boots
09-07-2011, 11:12 AM
at least he remembered to not lose the remote

AI Inc
09-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Are you serious? Wouldn't a customer question the irrigation dude walking up to the house with an ammo can?

Not unless he had an ak-47 in the other hand.

DanaMac
09-07-2011, 11:35 AM

I don't have any problem with it. One, the wives probably don't know what it is unless they are in the military, and two, this is a big military town. Military guys are probably excited to see it. These empty cans are found at yard sales and surplus stores all the time.

Mike Leary
09-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Last time I checked, a fresh RM case is around $100.00.

AI Inc
09-07-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't have any problem with it. One, the wives probably don't know what it is unless they are in the military, and two, this is a big military town. Military guys are probably excited to see it. These empty cans are found at yard sales and surplus stores all the time.

I got a free plastic version from Cabellas when buying bulk ammo.

Mike Leary
09-07-2011, 01:04 PM
It really does not matter, you either look like a terrorist with the ammo case or a drug dealer with the RM case. Either way, someone will prolly call the cops. :dizzy:

greenmonster304
09-07-2011, 03:02 PM
You guys will probably give me a hard time but I have a remote that is not working and I haven't really missed it because I have the remotes for hunter, RB, and Irritrol. I would be willing to let it go.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wet_Boots
09-07-2011, 03:06 PM
You guys will probably give me a hard time but I have a remote that is not working and I haven't really missed it because I have the remotes for hunter, RB, and Irritrol. I would be willing to let it go.
Posted via Mobile Devicebut you still need it for those Orbit systems :p

Mike Leary
09-07-2011, 03:10 PM
I would be willing to let it go.

I'll take it, I volunteer my time with a local parks district. Instead of me borrowing Russ' remote, it would be cool to have one for their service. Send me a PM, thanks.