PDA

View Full Version : Who's who?

Mike Leary
09-07-2011, 07:57 PM
How many in the pic from I.A. are still on the forum? I see Peter to the right and Matt to the far right. Our poor pal Bill in the foreground, pennypincher next to Peter's guy Henry. What couple is that next to the pennypincher? I see Jim Lewis and his wife at lower left, who's the guy next to them at bottom center? I think that's Bob and his wife from Calgary and Mitch from RB next to them????

Kiril
09-07-2011, 08:55 PM
You are getting senile in your old age Dad ..... this has been posted multiple times now. :sleeping:

Mike Leary
09-07-2011, 09:05 PM
You are getting senile in your old age Dad ..... this has been posted multiple times now. :sleeping:

Go out and jump in the outhouse again, this time I asked a question. (Jeez, how could I have whelped this dickwad?)

Kiril
09-07-2011, 09:07 PM
You already whipped all the skin off my ass Dad ... all I have is scar tissue now. :laugh:

Mike Leary
09-07-2011, 09:13 PM
You already whipped all the skin off my ass Dad ... all I have is scar tissue now. :laugh:

Your mama always said you were bound for out of town; I thought,at age three,you were ready. Glad to hear you finally stole a computer, I just called the cops.

Wet_Boots
09-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Kiril was just out of sight bussing tables in the other room.

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
09-07-2011, 10:58 PM

The room startin to spin... Cause of..... Cause of all the gayness
Posted via Mobile Device

Wet_Boots
09-07-2011, 11:12 PM
they're just good friends...... http://i56.tinypic.com/10xwvon.gif

Az Gardener
09-07-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm next to Jim in the green, my wife is next to me in blue, the guy to the right of her was a professor that got paired up with someone in a golf outing and tagged along I think.

koster_irrigation
09-08-2011, 06:00 AM
i remember talking about going on that outing, my wife was preganant... couldnt venture out that far...

hoskm01
09-08-2011, 08:20 AM
The room startin to spin... Cause of..... Cause of all the gayness
Posted via Mobile Device

And you are who? Hiding behind your keyboard with Kiril.

the guy to the right of her was a professor that got paired up with someone in a golf outing and tagged along I think.

Gary Hergert was his name. University of Lincoln, NE, Soil Nutrition and Management PhD, nice guy, very knowledgeable. though I'm sure he could learn a thing or two from Kiril; who couldn't when all is known?

Kiril
09-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Gary Hergert was his name. University of Lincoln, NE, Soil Nutrition and Management PhD, nice guy, very knowledgeable. though I'm sure he could learn a thing or two from Kiril; who couldn't when all is known?

Aren't you amusing this morning. I don't even come close to "knowing everything", but as usual, I find I must apologize for stuff I do know. :rolleyes:

Mike Leary
09-08-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm next to Jim in the green, my wife is next to me in blue, the guy to the right of her was a professor that got paired up with someone in a golf outing and tagged along I think.

O.K., that was you AZ & the wife. Gary next to her. We are still missing the guy in the back, seems like he did outdoor lighting more than irri.

Stuttering Stan
09-08-2011, 03:14 PM
If memory serves me right, that's Bernie (screen name BCG)

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
09-08-2011, 03:19 PM
And you are who? Hiding behind your keyboard with Kiril.

Hey don't lump me in there with Kiril.... he was the one talkin about whippin skin off of his ass.... I was just stating the obvious! :dancing:

Kiril
09-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Hey don't lump me in there with Kiril.... he was the one talkin about whippin skin off of his ass.... I was just stating the obvious! :dancing:

I said whippin', not lickin' :laugh:

bobw
09-08-2011, 07:06 PM
If memory serves me right, that's Bernie (screen name BCG)

Ding ding ding...you are absolutely correct on that one.

Mike Leary
09-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Ding ding ding...you are absolutely correct on that one.

And that was you and your wife to the left of Bernie, perfect.:clapping:

FIMCO-MEISTER
09-08-2011, 11:11 PM
For what its worth im camped out at humboldt state park tonight among giant redwoods.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wet_Boots
09-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Don't wander into the woods......

Mike Leary
09-08-2011, 11:25 PM
For what its worth im camped out at humboldt state park tonight among giant redwoods.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Az Gardener
09-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

My son says, "be careful that's a squatchy area" :laugh:

Mike Leary
09-09-2011, 01:24 PM
My son says, "be careful that's a squatchy area" :laugh:

:laugh::laugh: I'll send you a PM when we get south, it would be good to get together. :drinkup:

hoskm01
09-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Gotta get those shots in there when i can. :::white flag:::

Mike Leary
09-11-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm going to re-post a zone chart on a thread that has been deleted (I helped). The question I raised was how do you explain the location to someone who will come down the driveway on a cold call. What do you think?

FIMCO-MEISTER
09-11-2011, 08:57 PM
I prefer maps. I'm a visual person. That is well done though just a lot of reading and I get tired head when I know a picture will get me the answer a whole lot faster.

Mike Leary
09-11-2011, 09:03 PM
I prefer maps. I'm a visual person. That is well done though just a lot of reading and I get tired head when I know a picture will get me the answer a whole lot faster.

A picture of a site that big would not fit in the clock, but I agree.

Kiril
09-11-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm going to re-post a zone chart on a thread that has been deleted (I helped). The question I raised was how do you explain the location to someone who will come down the driveway on a cold call. What do you think?

If my only choice is written, then compass direction + something descriptive in the zone + general plants. Now I provide georeferenced zone maps.

Mike Leary
09-11-2011, 09:10 PM
If my only choice is written, then compass direction + something descriptive in the zone + general plants. Now I provide georeferenced zone maps.

I hear ya; I've always tried to be as descriptive as possible, but not get carried away for the techs on the clock door. I have a good sense of direction, but the next guy might not. :dizzy:

Wet_Boots
09-11-2011, 09:15 PM
One thing that needs to be included with compass directions, is what direction the person reading the chart (on the controller door) is looking at. They can and do get that wrong.

Mike Leary
09-11-2011, 09:23 PM
One thing that needs to be included with compass directions, is what direction the person reading the chart (on the controller door) is looking at. They can and do get that wrong.

Hope everyone is listening to you guys, zone charts are a bearcat to follow.
Mine are plasticized and mounted on velcro, the techs carry it when doing the "walk through", so mine are predicated on where one is when looking at the zone chart. Now that I describe it, I wonder if anyone but me could ever had read my charts. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Kiril
09-11-2011, 09:30 PM

Now that is funny. :laugh:

Kiril
09-11-2011, 09:37 PM
I hear ya; I've always tried to be as descriptive as possible, but not get carried away for the techs on the clock door. I have a good sense of direction, but the next guy might not. :dizzy:

An example from your list.

Zone 1: South Autocourt Planting Bed (Front): Perennials RD=24": Netafim 9-12-12

Zone 2: SE Autocourt Planting Bed (Front): Groundcover RD=16": 5' FC Brass-12" risers

Mike Leary
09-11-2011, 11:10 PM
An example from your list.

Zone 1: South Autocourt Planting Bed (Front): Perennials RD=24": Netafim 9-12-12

Zone 2: SE Autocourt Planting Bed (Front): Groundcover RD=16": 5' FC Brass-12" risers

Yup, these days, unlike mine of futurepast, you guys can have it all on your laptop or various hand-held devices. The word on the street is RM will quit the remote and go to a apps system, which will not only map the site, but enable programming changes, etc. :clapping:

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
09-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Yup, these days, unlike mine of futurepast, you guys can have it all on your laptop or various hand-held devices. The word on the street is RM will quit the remote and go to a apps system, which will not only map the site, but enable programming changes, etc. :clapping:

... Kinda like Rain Bird already has for their Golf Central Controls?

http://www.rainbird.com/golf/products/central/MIseries.htm

FIMCO-MEISTER
09-12-2011, 08:30 AM

What street and whose word? I can see the apps system that's a no brainer but I don't get any indication that remote is going anywhere.

Sprinkus
09-12-2011, 08:38 AM
I guess RB didn't notice that the MI series actually spells miseries when the space is removed. :dizzy:

Wet_Boots
09-12-2011, 09:07 AM
I guess RB didn't notice that the MI series actually spells miseries when the space is removed. :dizzy:just like Toro didn't notice that Flo-Pro spells FloP-ro :(

Mike Leary
09-12-2011, 10:54 AM
What street and whose word? I can see the apps system that's a no brainer but I don't get any indication that remote is going anywhere.

Something for you to check on when you're at the factory.

Mike Leary
09-12-2011, 02:43 PM
... Kinda like Rain Bird already has for their Golf Central Controls?

http://www.rainbird.com/golf/products/central/MIseries.htm

Yup, that's a cool unit, also. I like that Cirrus system.

Sprinkus
09-12-2011, 08:13 PM
just like Toro didn't notice that Flo-Pro spells FloP-ro :(

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Thank god we only installed one job with those!

Mike Leary
09-12-2011, 08:19 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Thank god we only installed one job with those!

::::As my thread sinks slowly in the west:::: WTF was my thread, anyway?:dizzy:

Sprinkus
09-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Sumthin bout Dr. Who?

Mike Leary
09-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Sumthin bout Dr. Who?

Feel like a road trip? Las Cruces, NM? We'll be there around thanksgiving.

Wet_Boots
09-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Look for me in the Tardis.....

WdVivT0ShC4

Sprinkus
09-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Feel like a road trip? Las Cruces, NM? We'll be there around thanksgiving.

Gotta go to Germany 'bout that time. Wife wants to see her son, and 2 grandsons, before his next deployment.
I'll drink a German beer for ya if you eat a peyote button for me. :)

Wet_Boots
09-13-2011, 09:18 AM
builds strong minds eight ways :dizzy: