PDA

View Full Version : stolen blower not actually stolen...

themadcutter
09-07-2011, 11:08 PM
i made a few stops on the way home last friday and was in a hurry. Didn't really pay attention to my equipment because of the 4 day weekend I took. My mind was else where.

When I was hooking up my trailer I noticed my blower was gone. The trimmers were still locked down but I must have forgotten to lock the blower.
I was pissed but what can you do. I grabbed one of my back ups and got going. Not to long after I started working I got a call from a police officer and he asked if I was missing anything and asked me to describe it.

Turned out it fell off my trailer and some one turned it in and they found me through serial number and my warranty info.

It was scuffed up a bit but other than that it ran fine.

2stroked
09-09-2011, 08:08 PM
lucky... nice that someone turned it in instead of taking it for themselves.

themadcutter
09-09-2011, 09:39 PM
lucky... nice that someone turned it in instead of taking it for themselves.

The officer said that the guy who brought it in had to protect it from some one else that pulled up right after claiming it was his but the second person didn't even know what model it was.

2stroked
09-09-2011, 10:59 PM
The officer said that the guy who brought it in had to protect it from some one else that pulled up right after claiming it was his but the second person didn't even know what model it was.

At least there was one good person there.

PowerstrokeWalker
09-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Damn Its hard to believe theres still honest people out there...You got lucky!!!!!

I say 7 out of 10 people would have kept it...Glad you got it back:clapping:

themadcutter
09-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Damn Its hard to believe theres still honest people out there...You got lucky!!!!!

I say 7 out of 10 people would have kept it...Glad you got it back:clapping:

With the amount of stuff that has walked away from my trailer in the past 20 years I'm wondering if that might not be 9 out 0f ten.

When most people find something that they like, even though they know its not their's, they don't think they stole anything because they found it. I would post an ad or something on craigs list at the very least. This guy knew there were serial numbers to trace so he brought it to the cops.