PDA

View Full Version : China Made Hydro Pumps?

LandscaperPro
09-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Would you be willing to buy a brand new HYDRO PUMP and save $100, even if it was Made In China? Yes? No? What do you think and why?

LandscaperPro
09-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Come on now, we need your feedback. It's the people that decide on what goes in and out of this country. Tell me what you think about this!

ffemt1271
09-08-2011, 08:48 PM
I would pay the extra 100 to get a usa made product. Its deductible anyways.
Posted via Mobile Device

JDiepstra
09-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Id buy the one that lasted longer and was more likely to work with me if there was a warranty issue.

flyingdutch16
09-08-2011, 08:55 PM
American made all the way. There's already to much china import which most of is crapy anyways.
Support the economy and buy american made.:usflag:

PR Fect
09-08-2011, 09:37 PM
It depends on the situation. I remember a thread on this very web site about a pole saw, or maybe it was a extended hedge trimmer that was made in Red China. Lots of folks on here said they would buy it because it was about 1/3 the price of a commercial made one from USA or Germany. Their reasoning was that they did not put enough hours on a special piece of equipment to justify the cost of the better made and more expensive piece of equipment.

That being said, I could see someone buying a Red China pump if they planed on selling or trading up the machine soon, and did not care about longevity or the next guy. You are not going to tell us that the Red China pumps are better quality that what is now available? Are you?

We all want to support the home team, but I see lots of after market sales like yours, Mow More, Tomas, ect. Someones buying this stuff. If it was one one of my machines right now, I would replace mine with the factory pump. I need my machines to work, and work a long time for me. I don't think Toro is buying pumps from the Red's.

bob
09-08-2011, 09:38 PM
If you buy a China made hydro pump, you'll be buying another with-in a year.

larryinalabama
09-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Its likley a factory pump is made in China.

djagusch
09-08-2011, 10:29 PM
With hydro's same as OEM. A hydro is a 1500 to 2000 hr purchase, with some labor involved, not much but enough. To save $100 on this kind of purchase I would say is a poor choice unless it is just to fix it for a quick sale.

The other problem would be how a hydro gear pump on one side compared to the china pump on the other side would work out. I would think you would need to chance both sides to get the same performance.

rwaters
09-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Its likley a factory pump is made in China.

not unless your buying something like that Home Depot Beast. I am sure you will see some of the made in china stuff on the MTD and Cub homeowner stuff though as they are importing engines now.

ochosdaddy
09-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Likely not. I've had enough bad experiences with China made "OEM spec" parts. Never had they been as good as the original part. ;););)

Richard Martin
09-09-2011, 02:45 AM
I've read too many stories about Chinese machined parts that don't quite fit the way they're supposed to. A little core shift this way, a little that way doesn't seem to bother them. It bothers me.

I might also point out that "American" made hydro pumps and wheel motors usually run in the neighborhood of $400 each so the savings would be $300 per.

David Haggerty
09-09-2011, 06:59 AM
No, the cheapest pump I'd buy would be Sunstrand. Wagner's last longer but cost more. But who knows where they get their parts machined? Probably China.

Made in China, India, Pakistan, to me means "generic". If a generic part's good enough that's what I'd buy. You can't service those cheapo pumps. They don't have wear plates inside so when they get weak, they're scrap.

LandscaperPro
09-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Well, you guys said it. All very interesting answeres. We're not out to sell the part we can make the most money on, we only want to sell the parts that people can trust and rely. I think I got that answer here. Thanks, Everyone!

Blake
LandscaperPro

ed2hess
09-09-2011, 03:31 PM
I'll give a slightly different take.....local dealer was telling me that his 2-stroke oil sales was way way down. So he started asking customers why and they told him about buying oil like the kind you get at Walmart. So local dealer asked them if he got an oil that was 25% less costly would they buy it. The answer was yes. In addition he asked if knocked off 25% more would they take it in bulk, again yes. So he is bringing in a lower grade 2stroke oil in 50 gallon drums to sell soon. He didn't really want to do that but he has to survive.

hackitdown
09-09-2011, 04:35 PM
I'd rather know for certain that the quality was 100%. I don't ask the dealer where parts are made, but I assume that the OEM parts are the highest quality. But in reality, those parts I pay full price for at the dealer may well be sourced from China or Mexico.

A warranty, a quality brand name, easy to buy...that is how I decide what and where to buy.

ed2hess
09-09-2011, 06:40 PM
One more comment I see guys on this site buying stuff all the time off internet sites which is fine. Kinda think they might buy from a dealer if his prices could be lower and these China parts might be his ticket. As long as there is a warranty AND you got a dealer behind you it might be a good deal.