PDA

View Full Version : Got my license and my truck!!!!!!!!!

pattytastik
09-08-2011, 06:11 PM
I got my license today on first attempt!! I went straight to State farm and then to AAA and got all the paperwork and stuff in order, and went to drive my 2002 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 for the first time! Oh man is she awesome!

Here are some pictures:

KrayzKajun
09-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Congrats! Wow now I feel old
Posted via Mobile Device

h2oskier
09-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Keep it between the lines,and congrats to you. Now that you have your freedom, there becomes added responsibility, just stay safe. Not that im trying to be your paw just safety minded.

ZMAX
09-08-2011, 06:30 PM
you should see how fast that truck can go

MOturkey
09-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Nice ride! Now, I just hope we don't see you on a future episode of "Parking Wars". :)

RLS24
09-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Congrats! Wow now I feel old
Posted via Mobile Device

That makes 2 of us! And really, I guess I'm not even that old!

Congrats and drive safe!

ALC-GregH
09-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Gezz, I guess I need to retire and quit driving. hahaha

Congratulations. Did you talk to the Agent about the proper insurance for your truck? If you have the trailer hooked up and are in a accident, they will deny your claim and you could be sued for damages if you're doing commerce for money. It automatically becomes commercial and you'll need commercial insurance. Just a heads up. Might as well do it NOW rather then later.

Jeremiah Dyke
09-08-2011, 07:43 PM

Congratulations. Did you talk to the Agent about the proper insurance for your truck? If you have the trailer hooked up and are in a accident, they will deny your claim and you could be sued for damages if you're doing commerce for money. It automatically becomes commercial and you'll need commercial insurance. Just a heads up. Might as well do it NOW rather then later.

This is a great point. I recently rear-ended a women who complained of back injury and needed to be carted off by the EMT. I thought for sure I was going to be sued but the insurance covered it all and even promised to pay if I was taken to civil court.

As a side note, I tried to cover my a** if she took me to court. I secretly recorded our conversation on my cell phone where she slipped about her previous back injury a couple times.

sealcutter
09-08-2011, 07:57 PM

Very good point, I think it is Nationwide offers coverage for a hobby and side work that will cover your truck and trailer, It will cost few hundred too. They have some rules too you can't have any signs on the rig, and you have to have liability coverage on the business, I think. It is worth a call to find out what you can do, you might be to young for the liability coverage in the underwriters eye.

metro36
09-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Looks good. Dakota's are a good small truck. Just as said before be careful with insurance. Make sure you are covered.

Just curious, why AAA?

agrostis
09-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Congratulations! Now assume that all other drivers on the road are going to make a big mistake.

mowerbrad
09-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Congrats! Remember to drive safely and always wear your seat belt.

pattytastik
09-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted! To answer a few of the questions, I have talked with my agent about everything and I got it covered accordingly.

Also I had to go to AAA because thats where I got the truck registered and license plates ect..

ivyslawncare
09-09-2011, 12:26 AM
I've had mine for 2 years, and had it suspended for almost half of that....All for speeding to much...Don't abuse it like i did. Luckily i have a good friend willing to drive me around and help.....Only a little less then 3 months until i get mine back:cry: Besides that i love the truck. I had a 96 dakota and loved it. What motor does yours have? Unless i missed that somewhere.:dizzy:

pattytastik
09-09-2011, 02:04 AM
I've had mine for 2 years, and had it suspended for almost half of that....All for speeding to much...Don't abuse it like i did. Luckily i have a good friend willing to drive me around and help.....Only a little less then 3 months until i get mine back:cry: Besides that i love the truck. I had a 96 dakota and loved it. What motor does yours have? Unless i missed that somewhere.:dizzy:

Thats really annoying that it is suspended:( it has a 4.7 v8 magnum
Posted via Mobile Device

ivyslawncare
09-09-2011, 03:09 AM
Thats really annoying that it is suspended:( it has a 4.7 v8 magnum
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah but its my fault. My excuse is that my steal toe boots weigh so much more and push down on the peddle. My parents dont find that too funny.lol. And does it get pretty good gas? I had a 3.9 v6 in mine and i loved everything about it!

Merkava_4
09-09-2011, 08:57 AM
I thought you were a girl named "Patty" ;)

lotsagrass
09-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Be safe/don't do anything stupid. When I was young, I once tried a Dukes of Hazard slide into my road (right turn). Didn't work out too well ;-) Seriously, just take it easy until you get plenty of miles and different driving conditions under your belt. Otherwise, have fun and enjoy your new freedom.

DIXIECONTRACTING
09-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Good luck and be safe. Congratulations !!

JFGauvreau
09-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Congrats and stay safe buddy, keep your 2 hands on the steering wheel for the first 6 months...