PDA

View Full Version : New trailer, what to get?

flyingdutch16
09-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Im looking to buy a trailer for not all to much around 1200 budget max. Really have no clue what good brands are and where to look. It will probably have to hold a Badboy ZT 50Inch and a possible walk behind 50 inch. And a aerator or thatcher. I've looked at tractor supply and they've got some nice trailers but not really sure if those will hold up. Any other place where they sell decent quality trailers?

944own
09-08-2011, 10:06 PM
If you are looking to buy new you are gonna have a hard time finding good quality within your budget. Maybe you should try to find a good used trailer.

David Haggerty
09-09-2011, 08:22 AM
You could google "utility trailers for sale" in your area. There are places that sell & service only trailers.
You need to figure the weight of what you'll be hauling then double it! It'll only cost a couple of hundred bucks to move up a weight class, but it'll be money well spent. It'll save you more in tires etc, than you ever spent on the upgrade.
It's hard to beat the price at TSC, but there's a risk you won't be able to find brakes for it.
Trailer sales carry a better grade of trailer, better tires, shakle bushings, and so forth, but cost more.

mpriester
09-14-2011, 08:42 AM
i don't know where in pa you are located but i bought a mustang trailer built in Glassport , Pa. and have no complaints, its 6x12 with ramp, the angle is 2" all around much stronger than the TSC stores offerand it cost me a little over $1200.00 when all was done. you will look hard to find a better built trailer than this one for the money. they have a website mustangtrailers.com

JDiepstra
09-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Craigsliat or the classifides on this site. 12 foot minimum id say.

Walker Lawn & Landscaping
11-06-2011, 04:07 AM
you had better go used dont waste your money on a shoddy undersized new one just to find out its not big/strong enugh. go big now and grow into it generally look for tandem 3500# axles with at least one braking axle, tube top or three inch angle construction, and i wouldnt consider anything less than 14'. shouldnt be too far out of your pice range and you'll look like you know what your doing out there