PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed, V-nose or not

Ben I
09-08-2011, 10:22 PM
I am looking into getting an enclosed next season. I figured a v-nose would have alot of wasted space in the front but I see alot of them for sale and some set up for landscape/mowing. What is everyone's thoughts? preferrably those who have enclosed. . .

RLS24
09-08-2011, 10:37 PM
I was just at the dealer looking at them, actually. It makes sense, they start the measurement of the trailer where the V starts, so if you get a 16' trailer and the V is another 2-3' then its just extra room. The V didnt seem to be a terribly expensive option either.

93Chevy
09-08-2011, 10:47 PM
The way I look at it is I just look at this way: I just look at the V as extra space instead of wasted tongue space.

Plus you'll get a little better fuel economy, however that shouldn't be a major concern...because if that's gonna break you then you've got other problems.

unkownfl
09-09-2011, 12:02 AM
My 6x12 was a 6x12 plus the v so if you measure the entire length inside it would have been a 14ft trailer. It really isn't wasted space because the trailer isn't any longer than it would be with a flat nose. I like the v because I can build shelving and put the spare up there and have the back of the trailer the same.

Turf Dawg
09-09-2011, 09:08 AM
I just bought a new enclosed and went with the v-nose. The reason I went with the v is because I could go with a 16' trailer with the v and not have to fold up my Walker deck. If I had went with a standard 16' I would have had to fold up the deck or went with another 20' trailer. To me the only drawback on the v-nose is you cannot be parked at an angle and let down the tailgate of the truck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jeff Tracey Enterprises
09-10-2011, 10:32 PM
I just bought a v nose this year and love it, The extra room in the front is great. I built a knee wall in it with dividers in it and now keep all the loose crap up there, including my gas cans. And it really does help with the aerodynamics of the trailer because it makes it a little less like pulling a brick...

Ben I
09-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Everything you guys said made sense. I never thought about using it for shelving and gas cans. i always thought of a v-nose as a bike trailer but sounds like the way to go! Thanks