PDA

View Full Version : Tanaka THT 2120

sheppard
11-03-2002, 07:24 PM
Thought I'd put out the word that yesterday I tried out a new demo hedge trimmer from Tanaka. They are trying to break into this area of North Florida and are looking for resellers.

I was very impressed! No stress on my hands or arms from vibration; cut like a hot knife through butter; was very light; easy to start maneuvered through many wax mertiles; juniper, and various over growth.

If I had to decide today I would get it in a heartbeat.

Any one with Tanaka horror stories for me to know about ?

Cordially,
Sheppard

Likestomow
11-03-2002, 09:31 PM
I have a used THT2120 and really like it. The exhaust is on the right side so it won't gas you out as you trim, and the bar is 26" so it has a nice reach. The little motor really revs and revs... seems to have plenty of power.

LLMSERVICE
11-03-2002, 10:03 PM
I use Tanaka TB250 trimmers and love them. If you are looking at picking up a string trimmer in the future, I highly recommend them.

In the past, I've owned Tanaka back pack blowers and the hedge saw. I've never had a problem with them. I don't think you can go wrong with one.

mowerman90
11-03-2002, 11:28 PM
I used to have a Tanaka trimmer and curently have one of their engine drills that I use to install grass plugs with. Never had many problems with the trimmer but when I did, parts were sometimes slow to get and always expensive IMHO. My engine drill is new this year and I like it more than the Echo that it replaced.

sheppard
11-05-2002, 08:00 AM
Seems like some good comments on their products.

One thing that keeps nagging at me is eventually moveing toward gasoline only power equipment. This mix stuff seems to be problem plagued.

S.