PDA

View Full Version : What were you Hardscapers doing 10 yrs ago on 9/11?

DVS Hardscaper
09-10-2011, 12:18 AM
We were making a small patio. I was driving to pick up materials and I heard about the 1st plane hitting the tower on the radio while I was driving.

For about 7 days the phone did not ring for new work. Everyone was glued to their TVs and not thinking about getting work done.

JoeyDipetro
09-10-2011, 01:06 AM
We were making a small patio. I was driving to pick up materials and I heard about the 1st plane hitting the tower on the radio while I was driving.

For about 7 days the phone did not ring for new work. Everyone was glued to their TVs and not thinking about getting work done.

Wow, seven whole days without the phone ringing. Thanks for having the courage to share your story.

scagrider22
09-10-2011, 03:18 AM
*newusflag* I was home for some reason that morning watching the news with my dad after the first plane hit, I watched the second plane hit on live tv. I also remember watching people jump from the buildings. 9/11 makes me angry, I still don't feel we've done enough to punish those who attacked us. Our country needs to remember what our flag stands for, we need to stop worrying about being politically correct or hurting peoples feeling! We need to make an example of these people and walk away, none of this 10 years of hand outs bs trying to help rebuild there corrupt government, they don't want to change. The only thing they will understand is death! This country has gone soft, people have forgot what we stand for, I hope it never happens but if things keep up this way we will have a civil war II. And if your a liberal you can burn in hell right next to Osama and his cousin Obama! :realmad:

DVS Hardscaper
09-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Wow, seven whole days without the phone ringing. Thanks for having the courage to share your story.

About what we expected from you, Joseph. Based on the level of many of your needless comments I have a confident feeling you were too young to understand. They just finished saying on the radio that they think that people living on the west coast do not view 9/11 the same way as the People on the east coast. As they as less likely to know any responders, victims, or family of victims. A good bit of our clients work at the Pentagon.
Posted via an addicting Device

scagrider22
09-10-2011, 09:34 AM
About what we expected from you, Joseph. Based on the level of many of your needless comments I have a confident feeling you were too young to understand. They just finished saying on the radio that they think that people living on the west coast do not view 9/11 the same way as the People on the east coast. As they as less likely to know any responders, victims, or family of victims. A good bit of our clients work at the Pentagon.

Funny that you say that because I dont view people on the west coast as Americans. Instead of a civil war we should just give the west coast states to the liberals and dig a trench around it. Haha could you imagine how big of a disaster an all liberal government would be, who would pay for stuff with out the hard working repulicans handing over money? :laugh:

TomG
09-10-2011, 10:58 AM
I was in 8th grade Algebra class. I remember it like it was yesterday. The assistant principal came in and announced to the class that a plane had crashed into the world trade center, and some kid said " what idiot crashed a small plane into a building that big" we were allowed to turn on the tv in the class room and we all realized it was no laughing matter. I saw the second plane hit and about 5 min later all the tv's were ordered to be turned off. I think the school finally realized that kids parents could have been in the building or on the planes.

TomG
09-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Just found this...

http://news.yahoo.com/9-11-video-timeline-how-the-day-unfolded.html

If it doesn't give you chills, then... I don't know.

Glenn Lawn Care
09-10-2011, 02:06 PM
I was in 9th grade German class.

Bru75
09-10-2011, 02:21 PM
I was on vacation in Las Vegas. With the time difference plus sleeping late the whole thing had happened before I was even awake.
I remember it being a lot to take in first thing in the morning.
Vegas was really quiet, all shows cancelled and a lot of things closed. Probably the calmest that city has ever been.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr.NewEarth
09-10-2011, 02:31 PM
I had a quiet morning planned...and was to eventually work the day in the home office.

So, I was having a late breakfast in front of the T.V. and I sat and watched the whole thing live until just after the second plane crashed into the other tower.

KrayzKajun
09-10-2011, 02:41 PM
I was in 11th grade advanced math class. I got suspended from school that day for walking out of my religion class becuz the teacher would not let us watch the news. I called my ARMY recruiter that afternoon and 2yrs later I was in Iraq fighting to get a lil back for the pain,suffering and loss of life those son of a B!*ches caused to so many famalies. Sorry had to get that off my chest. May all who have lossed their lives in the 9/11 attacks and fighting overseas Rest in Peace!
Posted via Mobile Device

Bru75
09-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I was in 11th grade advanced math class. I got suspended from school that day for walking out of my religion class becuz the teacher would not let us watch the news. I called my ARMY recruiter that afternoon and 2yrs later I was in Iraq fighting to get a lil back for the pain,suffering and loss of life those son of a B!*ches caused to so many famalies. Sorry had to get that off my chest. May all who have lossed their lives in the 9/11 attacks and fighting overseas Rest in Peace!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for your service, Kajun.

Cornell
09-10-2011, 04:40 PM
I was in 6th grade and my teacher was crying when we came back in from phy-ed class. It was weird to see your teacher crying. She got us through the rest of the day and I remember getting off of the bus and thought it weird that there weren't any airplanes in the sky. I live about 35 miles from the airport and could still hear them easily. Everything was strangely silent as I walked home, nothing seemed like it was moving.

KrayzKajun
09-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Thanks for your service, Kajun.
Its was my Honor and duty. The people to really thank are those who never came home!
Posted via Mobile Device

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
09-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Landed up going tuna fishing that day. Didn't get in until about 10:00 pm. My wife was a wreck thinking something had happened to us. I watched the news until 2:30 am and felt like crying. God bless america my my home sweet home.
Posted via Mobile Device

all ferris
09-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I could not tell you thank you enough! Thank you for your service.

I don't think any of us will forget where we were on that day. I tried to push through working that day but I couldn't do it. I remember feeling sick to my stomach thinking of all those who lost their life that day. Thinking about it now makes me sick.

BrandonV
09-11-2011, 10:02 AM
I was sitting on my couch in my dorm room and NCSU watching CNN saw everthing live. Wachedtoo much news following week, finally had to just turn it off.
Posted via Mobile Device

zedosix
09-11-2011, 10:33 AM
We were doing a pool patio that day and I remember a complete stranger told me that there was a plane that crashed into the tower, I thought to myself that it wasn't such a big deal til I knew what had really happened.
Does anyone really understand what happened that day, sometimes I feel like this whole world is so #^# up that we will never be the same.

nepatsfan
09-11-2011, 10:40 AM
I was mowing at a school when it happened. One of the other guys on my crew came up to me and told me. We both had radios on but I was listening to WZLX....I always listened to them and they were interviewing Otis spunkmeyer cookie person. They never cut in to say what was happening. This bothers me to this day.

jonesy5149
09-11-2011, 07:57 PM
We were digging out for a inground pool and just started to set the walls and the coustmer came out and asked use to leave and she will pay us for the work we have done.
we did not go back to that pool for 14 days beacuse she was not sure about the spending the money... Thanks for the service kajun

THEGOLDPRO
09-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I was actually in my final week of boot camp (8 days left) when the towers were hit. I remember exactly what i was doing as well, My drill instructor was pissed off that morning for some reason and Pt'ing the crap out of us, We were mid push up when our second drill instructor came running up and started whispering in his ear. He yelled at us to go get cleaned up and would meet us in the squad bay shortly.

Shortly there after i was sent over seas. Funny thing was before i joined the military the recruiter was laying it on real thick he kept saying "statistically whens then last time we have been to war, You have nothing to worry about.

JoeyDipetro
09-11-2011, 11:17 PM

I was stationed at 29 Palms at the time and I can assure you, I was not too young to understand. As far as the coast on which one resided at the time of the attacks, that seems irrelevant to me. If one knew somebody that died in the attacks, or went to war as a result, I would guess one's view would be shape by those facts and not by their proximity to NYC or DC at the time of the attacks.:hammerhead:

Swampy
09-11-2011, 11:45 PM
I was actually in my final week of boot camp (8 days left) when the towers were hit. I remember exactly what i was doing as well, My drill instructor was pissed off that morning for some reason and Pt'ing the crap out of us, We were mid push up when our second drill instructor came running up and started whispering in his ear. He yelled at us to go get cleaned up and would meet us in the squad bay shortly.

Shortly there after i was sent over seas. Funny thing was before i joined the military the recruiter was laying it on real thick he kept saying "statistically whens then last time we have been to war, You have nothing to worry about.

Was at MCRD San Diego, week 6, the morning rush to chow was very quiet (San Diego's airport is right next door) didn't know why until our senior came in to sit down and talk to us all. My time came in 04 to Iraq.

KrayzKajun
09-11-2011, 11:57 PM
. Funny thing was before i joined the military the recruiter was laying it on real thick he kept saying "statistically whens then last time we have been to war, You have nothing to worry about.

I got the same spew. Oh trust me they never deplot Field Artillery!
Posted via Mobile Device

JoeyDipetro
09-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Was at MCRD San Diego, week 6, the morning rush to chow was very quiet (San Diego's airport is right next door) didn't know why until our senior came in to sit down and talk to us all. My time came in 04 to Iraq.

Hollywood Marines:) J/K Swampy. That's a lot of weight to carry in addition to all that is thrown on you in recruit training.

PatriotLandscape
09-12-2011, 01:07 AM
One week prior I had just signed up for the air force. Got a call from my recruiter on the twelfth asking if iwas still in. I said yes, why would I sign up for the military and not go to war. Unfortunately I was never cleared medically because of shoulder surgery in high school.

The day of the attacks I was on my way into my us history since 1942 class. Listening to Howard stern and hearing about a plane. Which was first thought to be a cesna then quickly figured out it was way bigger. I went to class at that point we knew what was going on and talked about the situation. After class we walked into the halls to see a tv every 15'. The first time I saw the tower collapse I thought they were showing the demolition of a building not the falling of the tower. Still can't watch more than a minute of the coverage without tearing up.
Posted via Mobile Device

DVS Hardscaper
09-12-2011, 10:12 AM
I was stationed at 29 Palms at the time and I can assure you, I was not too young to understand. As far as the coast on which one resided at the time of the attacks, that seems irrelevant to me. If one knew somebody that died in the attacks, or went to war as a result, I would guess one's view would be shape by those facts and not by their proximity to NYC or DC at the time of the attacks.:hammerhead:

Thats much better! Now what was so hard about that?

I agree, location is irrelivant. Merely a response to your initial post.

cooltype
09-14-2011, 12:11 AM
I was in Art class 11th grade. We have a trade center in downtown Chattanooga so at first I said what an idiot how did they hit that building what went wrong, My JROTC teacher also happened to me my dads father in law (step moms dad) He was freaking out and little did I know his wife and her sisters were supposed to be eating breakfast there that morning. Turns out they were a block away at a red light when the first plane hit. The taxi driver took the long way from the hotel so he could show them some places to go site see. Very lucky