tjlco
09-10-2011, 11:45 AM
thats right 6 more weeks till EOW!!!!!!

Johnagain
09-10-2011, 11:56 AM
I'M READY, It's been a long hot summer.

williams lcm
09-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Last year I split it up half on one week and the other half the following. This year I am doing them all on one week then having the other week off. How are you guys doing it this year? I want to time it right to have Thanksgiving week off. Thanks

Florida Gardener
09-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Last year I split it up half on one week and the other half the following. This year I am doing them all on one week then having the other week off. How are you guys doing it this year? I want to time it right to have Thanksgiving week off. Thanks

Same here. I only have 2 accounts that remain weekly during winter. There's no need to split em up when you can get all done in the same week. Spend the off week at seminars, working on your biz, taking care of equipment, truck, etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

tjlco
09-10-2011, 04:33 PM
That's funny, I have always started the week of thanksgiving, counted backwards, until the middle of October. Where ever it lands it lands. This year happens to be the 21st of October. Now this year starting in January I may start splitting it up some so all the guys at least get some hours, I haven't decided yet
Posted via Mobile Device

Johnagain
09-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Usually if you work the first week of Nov and take EOW off then you should get both Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks off. It doesn't always work like that but most of the time it will.

Rednekdaddy
09-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Real stupid question, what is EOW?

Ric
09-10-2011, 05:36 PM

End Of Weekly

Red

Much of Florida has a year round mowing season but in winter the grass slows to the point of only needing mowed every two weeks. Depending of how far South this can start Oct 1st to Nov 1st. 38 to 42 cuts a year is the normal schedule.

Rednekdaddy
09-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Thank you, I just had a "senior moment"!!

williams lcm
09-10-2011, 08:02 PM
EOW= Every other week or end of weekly.

Landscape Poet
09-10-2011, 08:29 PM

It is Bliss - that is what it is. It is catching up on things you did not have time to do during the heat of the season. It is evaluating what you can improve for next year. It is when you can finally get some rest, you skin goes from that unnatural reddish tone because you not sitting in the Sun frying all day. It is what makes up for all the other crap we put up with.

FoghornLeghorn
09-10-2011, 08:37 PM
It is Bliss - that is what it is. It is catching up on things you did not have time to do during the heat of the season. It is evaluating what you can improve for next year. It is when you can finally get some rest, you skin goes from that unnatural reddish tone because you not sitting in the Sun frying all day. It is what makes up for all the other crap we put up with.

Nicely put. I can't wait to do my leaf cleanups and start having easy labor days because the grass isn't growing.

unkownfl
09-10-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm going to start fading some of my lawns to 10days or eow this week. Some will undoubtedly still have to be cut every week though.

Keith
09-10-2011, 09:57 PM
The St Augustine is still going full tilt here. I swear, I think they have grown as much in the last three weeks as I have seen them grow all year. Since that is mostly what I have, I just can't see EOW in six weeks. Maybe eight. But this is my favorite time of year. Better weather is within view.

Every year I say that I am going to work a week and take a week off, but it never turns out like that. Honestly, with the amount of lawns I have right now, I could probably bust my hump 3 days one week and take off 11 days in a row in December and January.

Florida Gardener
09-10-2011, 11:20 PM
The St Augustine is still going full tilt here. I swear, I think they have grown as much in the last three weeks as I have seen them grow all year. Since that is mostly what I have, I just can't see EOW in six weeks. Maybe eight. But this is my favorite time of year. Better weather is within view.

Every year I say that I am going to work a week and take a week off, but it never turns out like that. Honestly, with the amount of lawns I have right now, I could probably bust my hump 3 days one week and take off 11 days in a row in December and January.

Yup, my St. Aug lawns will go weekly till Nov 15. Bahia will go EOW 1st week of October. I am so ready for winter. I am going to enjoy every moment of it. This summer did fly by though. I remember when it was April and I was dreading summer.

jbannick18
09-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Can't wait!

Landscape Poet
09-12-2011, 11:03 PM
One more day closer and the weather has been good. Fingers crossed!

Keith
09-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Yeah it was hot today, but the dew point was in the upper 50's. Near perfect for early September. I'll take 92F and dry over 82 and humid.

Landscape Poet
09-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Near perfect for early September. I'll take 92F and dry over 82 and humid.

AMEN:clapping: One last thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE&ob=av3e