PDA

View Full Version : 23hp kaw blown head gasket?

leoslayer
09-10-2011, 10:58 AM
have a fh680v on a hustler short cut was running fine yesterday then on last yard went down.
Heard a kinda flapping sound like something under deck started blowing white smoke out of pipe. I shut down got off looked at front and oil was dripping near or behind the carb. I put more oil in mower it cranked but was blowing smoke/running rough and no power got it to move few feet but not enough power to get back to trailor? Will post a pic and more specs today.
Thank you for any input
Posted via Mobile Device

leoslayer
09-12-2011, 11:14 AM
ok here is the model engine fh680v bs09

RickyDL77
09-12-2011, 01:15 PM
have never seen a blown head gasket on the fh541v -fh721v without something else causing it. possibly bent push rod on the exhaust side, or the valve is sticking and the push rod come loose. would say check the muffler that the baffle's did not come lose and block the airflow, but the kawasaki muffler's only have 1 baffle if i'm not mistaken, unless that machine has a custom muffler to fit the machine.

leoslayer
09-12-2011, 04:53 PM
ok update. my normal guy who is booked out for a week and a half looked at it real quick and said sump seal? or head gasket. it could have overheated from the breather gasket but im not sure. any idea on the part number for the sump gasket? so i can figure out where it is located?

leoslayer
09-13-2011, 12:03 PM
well it was actually a broken valve head that blew a hole right thru the cylinder. But the mechanic has a block sitting there so he is just going to take my stuff off put it on the other block and ill b cutting in 24hrs!!! Booya baby!
Posted via Mobile Device

RickyDL77
09-13-2011, 01:03 PM
yep, that blows... but thumbs up on the replacement. curious how much he would charge for a used engine?

leoslayer
09-14-2011, 01:28 PM
i dont know he got this one from a salvaged biz hes just using all my good stuff carb starter fuel pump wires etc.
Posted via Mobile Device