PDA

View Full Version : Evan528 Passed away last Friday

troblandscape
09-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Evan was a local guy who I met on Lawnsite, I talked to him a few times on the forum at suppliers and saw some of his work in passing. Evan had a succesful business and did nice work. I thought I would pass this on, not sure if this was the right section to post. He was 27.:angel:

RussellB
09-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Way to young. Condolences to his family and friends.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
09-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Dang, what happened?
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
09-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Wow. What happened? May he rest in peace.
Posted via Mobile Device

TMlawncare
09-11-2011, 04:39 PM
That is a great loss. He will be remembered. He has been a member of this site for many years. He has not posted a lot in the last couple years. Wonder what happened?

zak406
09-11-2011, 11:55 PM
my thoughts and prays are with his family

THEGOLDPRO
09-12-2011, 12:07 AM
That sucks... how old was he?

1993lx172
09-12-2011, 12:57 AM
He was 27 the op said

Richard Martin
09-12-2011, 05:47 AM
That's sad. I remember many, many posts from Evan.

Richard Martin
09-12-2011, 05:51 AM
BTW, his last post was about 3 weeks ago.

http://server5.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=4133962&postcount=45

Mowingman
09-12-2011, 06:09 AM
Wow, what a shame. Evan and I corresponded back and forth quite a bit, back years ago when we both bought new dixie Choppers at the same time. I remember he was a young guy just starting back then. My prayers go out for his fgamily.

HLM HustlerZ
09-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Does anyone know what happened to him, was it an accident on the job?

FoghornLeghorn
09-14-2011, 11:14 PM
What happened to him?

grassman177
09-14-2011, 11:20 PM
yeah, what the heck, tellus he passed and then never post agian. what happened

Richard Martin
09-15-2011, 06:59 AM
His real name was Evan Clauson. You may leave a memorium at

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/philly/guestbook.aspx?n=evan-clauson&pid=153552489&cid=full

RussellB
09-15-2011, 07:43 AM
If all of us are remembered by our customers the way Evan is we will have succeeded in business and life. Condolences to his family, friends and customers.
Posted via Mobile Device

emc242
09-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi Everyone, I am Evan's older brother. I came to this site because I knew that Evan used to post on here and I wanted to let everyone know. Unfortunately, Evan took his own life last Friday. We are all shocked and had no idea of the pain he was in. We are obviously very sad, but hope that Evan is at peace now. We have taken comfort in seeing all of the nice comments from Evan's customer's over the years and what he meant to them.

A bit about my brother: He was defintely one of a kind and ahead of his time. When he was old enough to walk, he would go to the nighbors and they'd let him see their mower. We have pictures of him from when he was a little boy pushing a lawn boy with the handle bar over his head. When he was only about nine years old, he began cutting lawns in our neighborhood. When I was old enough to drive, we bought a used truck and I drove him to his jobs. Even though I am 4 years older, he was the boss! Before he could even drive, he bought a new F250 truck. After he got his license, he expanded even more and built up his business to include a large number of clients. He went to technical school to learn more about the business and how to do design work. At 18, he moved out and bought his own house. While most kids his age were going off to college or figuring out what they wanted to do, he was running a successful business with a large list of happy clients and a huge inventory of equipment. His biggst pleasure was taking out his Porsche for a spin on Sunday after putting in 12-14 days during the week.

My brother was a perfectionist. Everything had to be done just right. I figured out a long time ago that I could never meet his standards and went to college to pursue my career. When I went yesterday to his garage to see his equipment, everything was in it's place and lined up perfectly.

He was only 27 years old, but he did more in his short time than many do in a career. Thank you all for your kind words about my brother.

RussellB
09-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Thank you emc242 for taking a moment to let us know what happened to Evan. I know that was painful but it serves a reminder to us all that life is short and that we need to make the best of what we have everyday. God bless you and your family.
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
09-15-2011, 02:44 PM
It is horrible when one takes their own life but to do it for no apparent reason is the absolute worst. A friend of mine did this about 10 years ago. We never did find out the reason he did this and it has haunted a lot of people, even to this day. I really do hope Evan found his peace.

KrayzKajun
09-15-2011, 03:04 PM
I hope Evan finally found his peace! The reason why, we may never know
Posted via Mobile Device

THEGOLDPRO
09-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Hi Everyone, I am Evan's older brother. I came to this site because I knew that Evan used to post on here and I wanted to let everyone know. Unfortunately, Evan took his own life last Friday. We are all shocked and had no idea of the pain he was in. We are obviously very sad, but hope that Evan is at peace now. We have taken comfort in seeing all of the nice comments from Evan's customer's over the years and what he meant to them.

A bit about my brother: He was defintely one of a kind and ahead of his time. When he was old enough to walk, he would go to the nighbors and they'd let him see their mower. We have pictures of him from when he was a little boy pushing a lawn boy with the handle bar over his head. When he was only about nine years old, he began cutting lawns in our neighborhood. When I was old enough to drive, we bought a used truck and I drove him to his jobs. Even though I am 4 years older, he was the boss! Before he could even drive, he bought a new F250 truck. After he got his license, he expanded even more and built up his business to include a large number of clients. He went to technical school to learn more about the business and how to do design work. At 18, he moved out and bought his own house. While most kids his age were going off to college or figuring out what they wanted to do, he was running a successful business with a large list of happy clients and a huge inventory of equipment. His biggst pleasure was taking out his Porsche for a spin on Sunday after putting in 12-14 days during the week.

My brother was a perfectionist. Everything had to be done just right. I figured out a long time ago that I could never meet his standards and went to college to pursue my career. When I went yesterday to his garage to see his equipment, everything was in it's place and lined up perfectly.

He was only 27 years old, but he did more in his short time than many do in a career. Thank you all for your kind words about my brother.
Thanks for taking the time to come on here and talk alittle about your brother. Let your family know that everyone on lawnsite has you guys in our prayers.

And if you guys need anything dont hesitate to ask us.

coolluv
09-15-2011, 04:38 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family. Our prayers are with you.

Dave...

SLMGT
09-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Condolences to the family. He will be missed by many.:confused:

Lisa Feldman
10-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Thank you to everyone for your kind words and condolences. Evan worked very hard to build a thriving business.
We are keeping the business going using his employees for the next few months but need to sell it after that.
Can anyone give me an idea of how to figure the value of the business based on the monthly billing?
If I could get some idea that would be great. As far as the equipment goes, we can probably get information from the dealer that he purchased it from.
Thanks to anyone that can help.
My email address is gelati1201@verizon.net
Thanks,
Evan's Mom

THEGOLDPRO
10-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Thank you to everyone for your kind words and condolences. Evan worked very hard to build a thriving business.
We are keeping the business going using his employees for the next few months but need to sell it after that.
Can anyone give me an idea of how to figure the value of the business based on the monthly billing?
If I could get some idea that would be great. As far as the equipment goes, we can probably get information from the dealer that he purchased it from.
Thanks,
Evan's Mom

Depends on a few things, Are these customers on contract? are they residential or commercial? Are the current customers going to continue to use the service of they company sells to another person? There is usually a high rate of people who cancel service when it sells to another company. ect ect

Lisa Feldman
10-14-2011, 08:13 PM
This was all residential. There are no contracts but most of the customers have stayed with us because we are using his crew that has worked with him for years and know the quality of work that he provided. Of course there is no guarantee that anyone will stay on but we are hearing varying calculations as to how to determine the value. Any general rule of thumb?
Thanks

THEGOLDPRO
10-14-2011, 08:20 PM
You are going to get a ton of mixed reviews on here, Some people say the customers are worth nothing, some will say they are worth a year of the gross income, some will say 20-30% of the gross.

Everyone has there own idea as to what businesses are worth. The real answer is that it will be worth what a particular person will pay for it.

Father&Daughter Lawn care
10-14-2011, 08:26 PM

Sorry for your loss and hope God will help you and your family through this.

Keith
10-14-2011, 08:50 PM
I don't regularly check this particular forum, so this is the first time I had seen this thread. emc242 and Lisa, I am so sorry for your loss. Evan was here practically from the beginning. I wish you the best.

mattfromNY
10-14-2011, 09:39 PM
My condolences to the family. I am sorry for your loss.

larryinalabama
10-14-2011, 09:53 PM
This was all residential. There are no contracts but most of the customers have stayed with us because we are using his crew that has worked with him for years and know the quality of work that he provided. Of course there is no guarantee that anyone will stay on but we are hearing varying calculations as to how to determine the value. Any general rule of thumb?
Thanks

The starting point is the business is worth at a minimum the value of the equiptment.

If the equiptment and vehicles are financed you will likley run into some legal issues.

At this point in time be sure all property is in your control and not in your sons employees control.

If your son had a Will carry out his wishes.

Sorry for your loss and God Bless

grassman177
10-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks,
Evan's Mom

first off, though you have heard it many times, I am very sorry for your loss. I cant imagine at all.

i hope that selling everything works ok for you all

32vld
10-15-2011, 10:30 AM

I have not been a member that long. Though I will say your brother made this site better.

Your mom looked for advice on how to sell his business.

I would ask 3 times of what he grossed for one years income as a starting point.

Next did your brother have kids to save the buisness for? A ten year old today would be fourteen in four years.

Being you know the buisness can't you run it or just the business side? Give the crew leader more responsiblities and a raise?

Lisa Feldman
10-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Thank you for your response. Evan did not have any children. He was just 27 years old. Unfortunately we have a business of our own and can not begin to know how to do the design work etc. that Evan was famous for and made so much money doing. The everyday cutting and cleanups are not the issue.
We really need to sell the business at this point.

weeze
10-15-2011, 10:58 AM
perhaps you could let one of the workers or a few of them take the business over?...they already know what to do and they already have the customers...maybe you could work some kind of deal out with them.

32vld
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Thank you for your response. Evan did not have any children. He was just 27 years old. Unfortunately we have a business of our own and can not begin to know how to do the design work etc. that Evan was famous for and made so much money doing. The everyday cutting and cleanups are not the issue.
We really need to sell the business at this point.

Again so sorry for Evan passing so young. "They say a parent should never have to bury their child."

I heard this when I was young. Not until now a parent does it hit home.