PDA

View Full Version : Quick 36 height adjustment question

DCJ Lawn
09-11-2011, 04:38 PM
I just bought a like new bop quick 36, but i cant get the rear of the deck to raise up after loosening the bolt s on both sides... Can anyone offer some suggestions?

tyler_mott85
09-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Mine is really hard to move the rear up and down too. It only has 45 hours on it. Just give it some time to loosen up once you get it to move. The braces that run from the front of the frame to the rear have turn buckles on them turn them to loosen or tighten them see if that helps. A little lube and I was able to move it around. I put it on 3" and have left it there all season. If i need minor height adjustments I just move the front up and down a couple spacers. The hydros were really hard to squeeze the handle and to even turn the mower but already I've noticed a big improvement in the past 20 hours.

f50lvr2
09-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah, mine was really tough the first time. Plenty of WD-40 will help and after you loosen it you can tap it with a rubber mallet. Once it moves it should be easier. Make sure you loosen both sides before you try to adjust it. I've also just put mine at 4" in the rear and move the fronts for the majority of the adjustment.

DCJ Lawn
09-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the reply... did you find you need some type of bar to get leverage to raise it up?

tyler_mott85
09-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Yeah I believe there was an equal share of using a rubber mallet, a 24 inch pry bar and some expletives that cannot be repeated here to get it to move. I ended up putting Garage Door Lube on it once I got it to wiggle as I think it has a thicker viscosity to it then just wd-40 or pb-blaster.

larryinalabama
09-11-2011, 11:24 PM
I have the 44 duelly. Its a little to set the front spacers first. Then it you usuall have to move each side a little at a time. Its a pain but is still betterthatn a fixed deck.

Exact Rototilling
09-11-2011, 11:41 PM
The Quickie 32 deck is a breeze to adjust up.and.down. Q44 is the worst one my old single 36 is in between somewhere.

I use a.dewalt.impact.driver and a old brake mans club similar to a baseball bat but is squared and.tapered. felt a crack crunch pop in my upper back few weeks ago. That was the.last time I manually struggled with the 44 deck. Brakeman's club goes with me.everywhere the mowers go. You can also.use a wood baseball bat just taper down end sand, angle grind, saw etc to fit under deck

I also use 4 washers in place of one spacer up front for finer adjustment.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exact Rototilling
09-11-2011, 11:57 PM
If you use an impact driver replace the locking nuts with fiber locking nuts otherwise the metal interference lock nuts will destroy the carriage bolts.
Posted via Mobile Device

DCJ Lawn
09-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Thanks for all the help... I finally got it to loosen up , but that was too much like work, Im used to easy adjustment that I have on my 48 Rapid height Wright.... but cant complain for the price I paid for it ..1500.00 almost brand new ( still had the nubs on the tires)