PDA

View Full Version : Last stripes of 2002 for the 21"

Jimbo
11-04-2002, 12:00 AM
I thought everyone would get a kick out of a neighbors mowing job. He is selling his place and decided to put some angled stripes on the lawn to spruce it up (curb appeal).
I think he must have got the idea from watching the World Series.

Jim

Jimbo
11-04-2002, 12:03 AM
It looks alot worse up close, but from my back window photo you get the idea. You can tell his not a pro because he left the grass on the side walk VS blowing it into the street.

:p

Swampbeast
11-04-2002, 12:04 AM
Yikes. The least he could have done was make them straight lines!

:cool:

vipermanz
11-04-2002, 04:54 AM
that mower must weigh 4 tons from the ruts it left

ranger520
11-04-2002, 04:57 AM
I hope that you blew that side walk down when you were done.

Scott :blob2:

greenman
11-04-2002, 09:29 AM
Looks to me like is cut it with the turf very damp and cut it at the max height.

1MajorTom
11-04-2002, 09:43 AM
Besides the grass left on the sidewalk, what would make this yard look better?

From the picture, that front looks pretty small. Would a ZTR make it look better?

I ask this because our back yard looked like this. And we never used anything bigger than a 21 on it.
And those aren't ruts. What that is, is very thick healthy grass. And I guarantee that it is cut at a high setting. So what happens is, the grass is so thick and cut high that when the wheel runs it over it smashes the grass down temporarily.

I would take that lawn as my own. With straighter lines it would look good.

Jimbo
11-04-2002, 09:46 AM
Stange thing was that the grass shouldnt have been very damp....cold but not damp. It was cut yesterday, and has been dry around here for at least 2 days.
The line down the middle is strange though...must be the blade bolt or something??

He's not an LCO so I should give him a break I guess. My wife thinks I am crazy because I took this photo. She thinks I am grass crazy or something.

Jim

greenman
11-04-2002, 09:51 AM
I think it would look decent if the lines were straight and the surfaces blown off.

greenman
11-04-2002, 09:54 AM
I bet it was cut with self-propelled rear drive, by the looks of the deeper lines every other pass.

Want me to guess what brand?:D

Expert Lawns
11-04-2002, 11:41 AM
i see this done too often. people see LCO's cross cutting or striping, and they want to try it. more power to em', but its hard with a little 21'', especially when you have a lot of lawn to walk :p

LB Landscaping
11-04-2002, 01:24 PM
Looks like he might have had a few beers before he mowed.

Gravely_Man
11-04-2002, 03:22 PM
The cut is poor but the grass looks very healthy and lush. Had he blown off the clippings the finished product would have been much better. I don't think he will have a problem with the lines not being straight. To Mr. Harry Homeowner that is a very good job around here.

Thank you,
Gravely_Man

CMLLawnServices
11-04-2002, 06:34 PM
Some times you have to think what they thought of their job after they are done? I have found that since I started in the lawn care business I have started to pay more attention to people`s lawns and how so many will cut their grass the same direction every time. One time i saw my neighbour cutting the grass with his 3.5 hp MTD mulching mower under some big black walnut trees , He was mulching these fallen walnuts! For those who have never seen a green black walnut they are about 2 1/2 inches across with a golf ball sized woody nut in side. I`ll tell you what , i shure felt sorry for that mower the sound alone was terrible, he stalled it bout 5 times . I`d like to see his blades my guess dull as all hell and warped. After that the way the mower runs it sounds like the crank shaft is just slightly bent.:dizzy: