PDA

View Full Version : Mulching leaves(yes way)

morturf
11-04-2002, 11:16 AM
I couldn't resist. I am just havin a little fun here. But the first pic is before. Then i do 2 passes with a Wright Stander. !st pass is with a mulch plate on the discharge chute. 2nd pass with the chute open. Hope this dang things post right!! I still have not mastered the proper sizing of these things!!

Green Pastures
11-04-2002, 11:19 AM
That looks real good.

I can make one pass with my Walker, and get the same or better results, HOWEVER I have to find an onsite dump or haul them away. :rolleyes:

Just goes to show there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Good looking pics, what kind of camera?

Gravely_Man
11-04-2002, 11:23 AM
Excellent pictures! That is a great method that clearly works for you. Continue the great work.

Gravely_Man

morturf
11-04-2002, 11:29 AM
I use a Canon Digital Elph S100. Thanks for the compliments!
Mike

SLS
11-04-2002, 11:40 AM
Yep, looks good to me!

And just wait till you see how happy that turf is next year. :)

thfireman
11-04-2002, 12:03 PM
Just so I am on the same page as you.... You closed off the discharge on first pass. You opened up discharge on 2nd pass to blow the mulched leaves and spread them out or did you bag them on the second trip?

:confused:

Bill Davis
11-04-2002, 12:07 PM
I would love to have a walker. But, my Lazer can make em' disappear good enough for me!! Yall have a good leaf season, Bill.

awm
11-04-2002, 05:59 PM
u dont have to close the chute the chute .
i never do as for me it works better to mulch them with chute up.did a new customer today . he couldnt believe the leaves were still out there . but couldnt findum anywhere.:D thats always fun.

LAWNGODFATHER
11-04-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by SLS
And just wait till you see how happy that turf is next year. :)
Explain please.

dr grass
11-04-2002, 10:14 PM
i like to vacuum......

shep :cool:

Evan528
11-04-2002, 10:36 PM
But....... Look at all the leaf dust laying on top of the turf. Mulching does not exactly make the leaves disapear! Maybe im just too picky:confused:

bilbo7021
11-04-2002, 10:40 PM
Missed a leaf (next to da tree) :p

sorry, had to do that.

KLMlawn
11-04-2002, 10:54 PM
I had similar results with my Standers today too, in a light rain.
The only difference is I made three passes with the block off plate on the whole time and using one set of Highlift Gators ... the customer asked what I did with all the leaves after glancing at my truck ... I just smiled and said, " They just magically disappeared..."

MOW ED
11-05-2002, 06:35 AM
We run the Toro 44 with mulch kit, atomics and hi lifts over that and turn it to little pieces then the Walker runs over it at 3/4 to full speed (which aint fast but its fast for leaf cleaning) and it looks great.

Your shot aint bad.

I reduce my pickup volume from 10 to 1 with this method.

SLS
11-05-2002, 08:08 AM
LGF,

Go to Yahoo.com and type "Leaf Mulching" into the search box.

There you you find lot's of ag studies from various universities explaining all the benefits of redepositing the rich nutrients-organic matter that leaves contain back into the lawn.

Michigan, Iowa and Perdue universities have some really good web pages about it. They have the results of some long term studies posted. There are tons more, besides these, too.

happy reading! :)

LAWNGODFATHER
11-05-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by SLS
LGF,

Go to Yahoo.com and type "Leaf Mulching" into the search box.

There you you find lot's of ag studies from various universities explaining all the benefits of redepositing the rich nutrients-organic matter that leaves contain back into the lawn.

I read what you had on the link in the other thread.