PDA

View Full Version : How do I go about making a contract?

joshman108
09-14-2011, 04:19 PM
For those of you who havnt seen me around, Im in college, running my second year and growing semi slowly, only 17 clients at the end of this year.

Anyway Im legalizing next year and, since I just got burned for the first time, adding a contract.

Couple of Qs.

1) Can you write a contract yourself, or does it have to be notarized/legalized in any fancy way?
2) Do you have to make a different contract for each client since you do each job differently, like what's included in it and how often you do it etc, and the wording has to reflect that?
3) Do contracts always bind the client for the entire year? Because I had one lady drop because her mom just had a stroke and she had to pay medical bills. Frankly, I would rather let her go than force her to pay for something she cant.

Just lookin to get an idea of how this works. Thanks! :usflag:

Firefighter337
09-14-2011, 04:53 PM
http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7210

There are some generic contracts on there. Does not need to be notarized. A good contract protects the customer and the contractor.

The Next Paige
09-21-2011, 03:14 PM
I have actually just completed a contract for a client joshman108 and can offer some fresh advice.
to your Q's here are my A's!
1. You can write a contact all on your own, it does not have to be legalized/notarized. I would however talk to some of your mentors in St. Louis and see how the organize their contracts so that you are not missing anything on yours.
2. You can have one generic contract and use that all the time. But if you know one client might want more of one thing than the other, you can absolutely adjusts accordingly. Of course just keep track of who was signed for what!
3. The contract does not have to bind someone for a year. But make sure you put on the contract how long it is for, ex. We will renegotiate after 6 months of this date. etc!

Hope this helps! Good luck on getting your LLC off the ground!

StBalor
09-21-2011, 07:41 PM
I agree with next paige, i actually have 3 different contracts i use and they fit my needs.
1. is for weekly mowing contracts. just for people who want a mowing on the same day every week.
2. is for people that want mowings every other week. I push the weekly mowings but lets face it, not everyone wants weekly mowings.
3. is for my SVLS package, it includes spring and fall clean up. this is what i would like to get everyone on but you know how that goes, some people just dont care about clean ups.

vencops
09-21-2011, 11:56 PM
You can use one contract for all your clients and change the 'scope of work'/'clarifications' section to fit your clients' (and your) needs.

My question is.....what occurred that makes you think you need a contract?