PDA

View Full Version : leaves in thick fescue

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape
11-04-2002, 07:05 PM
I was wondering how everyone gets all the leaves out of the thick fescue??I mulch the crap out of them and blow everything but you can still see leaf particals in the thick grass.Is there a way to get them all up or am I just being to particular about it??Thanks:confused:

Green Pastures
11-04-2002, 07:06 PM
Walker. :D

Envy Lawn Service
11-04-2002, 07:13 PM
What are you using to mulch the leaves and how are you going about it?

11-04-2002, 07:17 PM
Im using my Z with gators and a mulch kit,I just run over evrything twice?Is that a good way of doing it?

Envy Lawn Service
11-04-2002, 07:47 PM
Yeah, the Gators are good. So you are just having a problem with getting the leaves chopped up fine enough to disappear into the turf?

Is it a huge amount of deep leaves or what? I get by with 2 passes with just standard highlifts. But rest assured you are not the only one I've had this conversation with! Lots of people are having problems with mulching leaves.

What kind of Z is it? I can give you more advise with more details.

11-04-2002, 08:58 PM
It is a bobcat 218 es 52' 18 horse power...it chops the leaves up good and you cant see them if you just walk by but if your standing on the lawn and looking down at the grass you can see the pieces of leaves.You know what i mean???

Envy Lawn Service
11-04-2002, 09:02 PM
I gotcha! I'm familiar with your Z too. I've been checking out Bob-Cat myself. How you like yours?

Have you ever tried running double blades? 2 blades in a + pattern on each spindle.

11-04-2002, 09:12 PM
Envy, man i love my bobcat Z i dont have any other Z to compare it to except for a husqvarana that i demoed!!Ill definatly buy another one!:blob3: where in N.C are you, i can recomend a GREATdealer if you would like!!

Envy Lawn Service
11-04-2002, 09:50 PM
I'm in the process of trying to pull some strings on one right now just to see how goo of a deal I can get. My dad has done some favors for the local dealer here over the years and we've both spent a good bit of money with him over time. He told my dad if he ever needed anything just to come see him and he'd let him have it at COST to return some favors.

So I'm trying my best to get it at cost. I gave my dad the brochure and asked him to take it and see what he could do!

I live up in the foothills! I've been down your way some and like it. You have a prime location for this business! Now go ahead and recommend away about dealers. What kind of choices do you have down that way? I might make the drive down and check some stuff out over the winter.

What about the doubles?