PDA

View Full Version : hydro filter

kppurn
11-04-2002, 09:18 PM
I posted yesterday that my Exmark dealer closed for good October 31st. A nearby John Deere dealer is now going to carry the Exmark line. Anyway, I called today to see if they have parts in yet and if so, a hydro filter for my lazer. He said no, but one of the Deere oil filters is an exact match. Is this correct?

Green Pastures
11-04-2002, 09:22 PM
Whenever I go to my dealer for filters for my Kohler/Toro's they always give me JD filters. They told me that they are cheaper than the Kohler filters and are made by the same company. Works for me.

We do 4 U
11-04-2002, 10:57 PM
Green Pasture, are you talking about Nick's in York County?The guy I deal with at Chimney Corner in Gloucester tells me the same thing.

Richard Martin
11-05-2002, 03:30 AM
Please be careful when buying hydro filters. Most hydro filters are 40 micron. The Exmark filter is 10 micron. Almost all hydro filters look the same from the outside and will screw right up on the filter adapter but they are not all the same. If you leave a message in the Exmark Forum I am sure they can find a dealer who will send you the correct filter via UPS.

kppurn
11-05-2002, 12:37 PM
Thanks Richard. I always thought the hydro filter was different than a regular oil filter. I don't want to mess around when it comes to the hydro system.